or Connect

Posts by mountain mom

Quote: A link or a reference to a discussion that is negative towards MDC or its members. How is this moderated? If each live link is moderated that must created a huge work load for you and the other moderators. Why does what is on another board matter here? No matter how integral one's intentions are there are always those that find fault. For every negative conversation that exists on the internets about MDC there is a positive one I am...
Quote: 6. Do not post to invite MDC members to other communities, blogs or message boards for adversarial purposes. Do not negatively discuss other communities or discussions elsewhere, regardless of whether or not you link to that discussion or community. Do not post inflammatory information about MDC discussions at other communities. This is to maintain and respect the integrity of our own and other communities. How will the bolded be moderated?...
www.thecoup.ca www.cafekoi.com Both of these restaurants have fantastic fresh organic food. The first one is specifically vegetarian with lots of vegan options and the second is Asian fusion with lots of veggie offerings. Go early to Koi with your kids as it becomes more clubish as the night progresses. Both are child friendly restaurants.
I take on average 6,000 iu a day from October - May. Less so in the spring and summer depending on my frequency in the sun and if I am wearing any sunblocking clothing or lotion.
[QUOTE=Momily;13013643] Quote: Originally Posted by mountain mom The reality of our human world is that the majority of us live with a large toxic load. QUOTE] I guess I still don't understand why you would think that the toxins in the majority of women's brestmilk would be so high that the amount in a slice of bread would be dangerous. And also believe that it should be the only food given to small vulnerable infants. If you read my...
Quote: As as for the thought that it would be full of heavy metals, and other toxic contaminants, if we really believe that about breastmilk why are we feeding it to our infants? This is a generalization that I hope wouldn't stem from my post. Some women's breastmilk is contaminated with heavy metals, that is just the reality of our human world. Breastmilk is still the best possible choice for humans though. I believe all infants should have the...
double
Quote: Originally Posted by mystic~mama this does also make me wonder why we are okay with cows milk and not breast milk? My personal take is that humans live in a much more toxic world than a cow, especially certified organic cow or goat milk. I wouldn't feel comfortable drinking another human's milk unless I knew exactly the environment they live in, what they have been exposed to over the course of their life. City dweller, exposed to lead...
I am so sad for this family. My heart goes out to Calidris.
Coming out of massive lurkdom to celebrate the amazing news!!! ::::