or Connect

Posts by mountain mom

Quote: Originally Posted by MiaPia I am the one who started the thread. It was a spin-off from a thread which I am too lazy to go find right now, where someone said it was "tacky and low-class" to do this. Thus the thread title. Really, this is not about "high income vs. low income", so please don't read into it what isn't there. It really was started as a light-hearted thread many months ago. Thank you for explaining MiaPia. I appreciate...
This is a huge thread and I don't have time to read all the pages, but, has anyone mentioned that perhaps the thread title is a little classist? Low class? What does this have to do with anything? I work at an organic food market and many people, Moms included, munch on food before paying for it. All kinds of demographics do it. Low income earners, high income earners, you name it. Low class shouldn't be used as a definition of tackfulness or appropriateness.
One thing not mentioned yet is how far China is from North America. Think about how much fuel is burned just to get the stuff here. Buying local is way less of a footprint that buying something from China. Big thing is to ask yourself, do you need what you are buying from China? Is it essential?
HI there, I just received the update for Sandor's summer workshops and thought I would share with you all. Enjoy! Hello friends, I am about to begin another season of fermentation workshops and talks about food as important terrain for reclaiming traditions, skills, participation, health, and power. The coming week will bring me to New York’s Hudson Valley and three of the five boroughs of New York City. Next month I’ll be at the Sequatchie Valley Institute’s...
I just got the new email for Summer, thought I would share... Hello friends, I am about to begin another season of fermentation workshops and talks about food as important terrain for reclaiming traditions, skills, participation, health, and power. The coming week will bring me to New York’s Hudson Valley and three of the five boroughs of New York City. Next month I’ll be at the Sequatchie Valley Institute’s annual Food for Life gathering near Chattanooga. July...
organic
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna I don't care how much you conserve or recycle and reuse it will never ever compare to the reduction of having less humans on the planet. word. Quote: Originally Posted by swimswamswum I still don't understand what making great kids has to do with it. I don't think that any of the posters here who are only having one or two children for environmental reasons think their kids aren't...
Thats incredible Moneca! (((btw I will pm you with that E.O. formula in the A.M.)))