or Connect

Posts by mountain mom

The recipes in the first edition call for butter. I have a first edition printed in 1980 that I got second hand.
Sending her my love and healing thoughts as well. Maybe post something in the finding your tribe for Hawaii? I am pretty sure thats where she is, isn't she? I hope her dh didn't have to leave right away.
I think it depends on so many factors that are variable and changable. I have the most luck with kvass.
I am sorry to hear that Andrea. Please try not to let it affect you too much. Its an old tradition in my family to fete the first babe big time and not the children that follow. Strange if you ask me. Some people stick very close to old traditions. I am so excited for you and your family. Congratulations again!
Lets see, my history is this: vegetarian for about 15 years, 5 of which was vegan and 2 of which was pesco. I started adopting NT/RAP philosophies after my hair began to fall out and I gained 45 pounds in 4 weeks. I sustained a pregnancy with a pesco diet which I contained after my dd was born. Thankfully I was eating fish and downing omega oils like crazy. I was also eating lots of good eggs then as well, but my thyroid still pooched out from mineral deficiency. Now I...
Awesome Kathryn. Thanks for sharing.
Shannon, you talk like you are aware of every situation of every farmer, including mountain farmers. I think there is some room for a farmer to own a gun, whether its for hunting, for protection, for sport etc. I wouldn't go as far as saying that every farmer with a gun thinks that, that gun, and that gun only, is what will protect them from predatory animals. Which is what I think you are saying. Thats awfully narrow in its description. For the most part I agree...
Adequate fencing!?! Really? Have you ever visited a mountain farm before? How on earth would a person fence in a mountainous area? I can really see how a gun would be a tool in a rural situation with predatory animals. :
Cardinal, do you consider this a valid reason? Thats really all the matters. What works for one person won't work for another typically. That is why gun control is such a hot topic, IMO. I wouldn't have a gun in the house for any reason. Just don't want the responsiblity of such a volitile tool.
I am not anti-gun. I am anti-violence. Its how the gun is used that raises concern for me. A gun is a swift tool, quick in its execution. The gun has a very narrow margin for error. Put in the hand of a person who is perpetuating violence, that I have a problem with.