or Connect

Posts by angelamariebee

Gonna try and make a long story short here-- our custody arrangement since my ex moved states away (I live in Austin, he's in Chicago) is that he gets our just-turned five year old DD during the summers. This is her first summer away. I was having a really rough time with my childcare situation right around the time he was supposed to be taking her, so I asked him to take her a bit early, which ended up being an extra two weeks or so. So we weren't exactly sticking to a...
Yes, I'm definitely still recovering from my marriage even though it's been about a year since I left. We were together about nine years, and I spent more than half of it listening to how worthless I am. So I'm pretty cautious around people who put me down. I'm pretty proud that I've made it this far and mostly without any support from the ex.   A little update: I'm doing much better today. I woke up this morning and everything was iced over, I slept in MUCH later than...
My one single mom friend has always been one step ahead of me, as far as getting a place, finishing her divorce, etc. So there's a lot of, "You should have done...." after the fact. I know she means well but (at least as far as the divorce was concerned) I really just want everything over and done so I can move on and be comfortable. I know I probably SHOULD have fought for more child support but I don't have much fight left in me when it comes to that stuff. I can...
  That's why I left the shelter. It was so hard to get in to see the social workers and counselors. There was generally one person on staff and they sat in a little office in the front of the house. I felt like I was in a psyche ward or something. It was miserable. I am much happier now that I'm on my own and away from him because even if I'm making slow progress, it is progress.   Thanks everyone, for your kind words. I have a lot of people here telling me what I'm...
  I only got my GED this past summer (I dropped out of school at 16, married at 17. I'll be 24 in May.) While in between jobs I applied and looked literally everywhere. I just couldn't get my foot in the door anywhere. My options were fast food, Walmart, stuff like that. I'd prefer a professional job that looks better on a resume but I couldn't find anything that did not require some kind of degree. I applied at a temp agency once to have them tell me I didn't have...
I don't have any advice but I'm going through something similar with my mom. I don't live with her but she lives next door and watches my daughter while I work so I see her every day. Every day when I walk through the door to pick DD up after work she groans at me and half the time has a fit when she realizes we're leaving and won't be back till tomorrow. She cries and begs to see Grandma when she doesn't get her way. In time outs, she calls to her from the window. Every...
I haven't posted on MDC in awhile (I used to frequent the boards when I was a SAHM) and I've never posted in this forum, I don't think. At the moment, I really need a place to vent and this seemed to be the best place. I don't have many friends who know what I'm going through.   I've been a single mom for about a year now. Divorce was final in January and I'm finally getting child support (he wasn't giving us any money while we were "separated", now he sends a...
I'm a newly single mom here in Austin and I'm having a really hard time getting back on my feet. I really need resources, so if you have information on or run a home daycare (I have an almost four year old daughter) and would be willing to work with me on price, PM me. I'm also looking for job opportunities (I'm looking for an additional or replacement job) and just new friends. My husband kept our apartment, our car, even our friends so I'm literally starting all over and...
I'm planning to register for community college this next semester for a nursing program, eventually hoping to become a certified nurse midwife and there are vaccines required. Are their waivers, or do I have to get them? I'm pretty sure I've had the ones required, as a child, but in the event I'm not able to prove it (I'd have to check with my parents, look into my medical history, etc) would I absolutely HAVE to get them again? These are the requirements for the program....
Right, my mom mentioned something to me about "healing". I'm pretty new to this stuff though, I didn't know what she was talking about. I mean, I get the idea but I'm gonna have to Google or something. Or check here.