or Connect

Posts by sept15lija

I will wait to hear a heartbeat before telling my two (3 & 5).  We have been trying to be very careful in discussing it (in fact don't discuss it except between DH & I), and I have had very few symptoms besides being tired.  However, my 3 yo, very intuitive DD said to me a few days ago "Mommy, do you have a baby in your tummy right now?", and I said "Why do you think that?"  and she said "I just think it."  I changed the subject and it hasn't come up again, but thought...
I will wait to hear a heartbeat before telling my two (3 & 5).  We have been trying to be very careful in discussing it (in fact don't discuss it except between DH & I), and I have had very few symptoms besides being tired.  However, my 3 yo, very intuitive DD said to me a few days ago "Mommy, do you have a baby in your tummy right now?", and I said "Why do you think that?"  and she said "I just think it."  I changed the subject and it hasn't come up again, but thought...
I belong here too! :) I had a doctor's appt and said to him "I guess since I am 35 I am on the cusp of being an old pregnant lady??" and he said "oh no you are old, definitely not just on the cusp."  Lol....he is funny but I guess truthful too in terms of how we are "labelled"!  I will be 36 in December.  He talked to me about testing....I went to see him prior to finding out I was able to have a midwife (needed to wait to see if they had room for me)....anyways I have my...
I'm here too!  :)  I'm due June 7th with my third.  A tad bit of a surprise, and a little bit of stressing going on, but we're very excited nonetheless.  :)
That's really gross - I would do the same, say that's not very nice and leave.  Did the mom not do anything at that point?  If DS did that to someone, I would be mortified, and certainly ask him to apologize and quickly get a wipe/kleenex for the victim!  If he wouldn't apologize, I would apologize, I would probably apologize anyways to the other mom and the child, and then have a talk with DS about how that is not acceptable and rude and blah blah blah.  Anyways that's...
My DD will be 2 in January, and we're experiencing the same thing.  She used to put herself to sleep for naps and bedtime after being laid in her bed, no problems.  Now after our normal routine, she screams and cries...at nap time she is fine when I rock her to sleep and lay her down, but at bedtime she screams even though I am rocking her and staying with her.  I have to shush her and physically hold her because she is arching her back and just so upset.  I ask her...
Yeah I could have written that post too - again minus a few things, I've stopped at the point of getting violent at all, but some days only just barely.  I told my DH that some days I feel like I'm being bullied - it's just constant questioning and tantrums and melt downs and screaming about how I "hurt his feelings" because we couldn't do something he wanted to do, the second he wanted to do it.    If I really need something done, and he is resistant, I do ask him...
Like the pp, I do the five minute thing too. We just recently made the transition with DS of him falling asleep by himself. We do the routine, kiss him good night, and tell him we'll check on him in a few minutes. If he cries or calls for us we go back in and soothe him, and again tell him we'll be back in a few minutes. He's fine with it now, although we do still have some nights where I need to go in and spend a few more minutes with him, but that's fine. We...
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatherAtHome This is how we grew up and it was fine. Actually, in the summer, we would play in the woods (I'm talking real woods here) and make these 'cabins' and explore and play all day. We had this bell my dad made out of old bits of metal and that thing was LOUD. They'd ring that when it was time to eat or we had to come home for some reason. It was the teenage years when things got a little boring and wished I had more...
Heather - We're in Ontario and we're thinking along those lines...out of the city but still with neighbours...we're definitely not looking at a big farm or anything, just more space. You're right you don't need to go too far, where we are probably an hour would be a good distance away to find what we're looking for. karne - We're very focused on our family. I guess what we're really looking for is quiet. I am not good with people just kind of dropping by (which...