or Connect

Posts by jacobsmommy

Hi, I'm interested. Sent you a private message. -Melissa
We are a co-sleeping family too. But I am beginning to wonder about whether it is a good idea to begin with.  Actually I think I have a love/hate relationship with it lately because I am tired of not having our own space and not getting a good nights sleep. However, I am not totally comfortable with our kids being away from us while we sleep either. I worry about SIDS still. I still check them sometimes when they are right near me. Like I said, love/hate.    Our 4yr...
My grandmother who is in her 70s just got this vax. Both my kids are unvaxed. I have a 4yr old and a 5 month old. The 5 month old is exclusively breastfed.  Her Dr. told her to stay away from infants for 2 weeks. Is this sufficient enough?  I have read that shedding can be possible for up to 30 days.  We are supposed to see her tomorrow, but I am a little concerned about this. Do I need to be? I wouldnt care if my 4yr old contracted something but not sure about my little...
Hi, Im hoping someone can help me with some questions about my son's circ.    My son was (regrettably) circ'd at birth and is now three. We noticed at 2 months old the skin had re-adhered to the tip.  There is also quite a bit of skin left around his penis. I have switched Drs a few times and the new ones sometimes don't even know he was even circ'd.  It is a decision we regret so i'm fine if it looks more like an intact penis than not.  He had to have surgery at...
My DS didn't really sleep through the night until he started to self wean around 24months.  We co sleep so it was easy to just wake up and let him nurse and fall back asleep.  
I have a DS who is 28mo and about 26lbs. He is 35in height. He is a very light eater and extremely picky with certain textures. He hasn't really put on any weight in the last 8-9months but has grown some in height. My husband is small guy so I know some of it is that, but I am really concerned about him. Dont know if I need to be. He is happy, smart and meeting all his milestones. I have an appt to see an occupational therapist to see if we can get him eating more...
My DS did this for a short time too. I think I would say "ouch" or honey don't do that or even ignore and then distract him. It turned out to be just a little phase. My niece did it too when she was this age.
Quote: Originally Posted by azdesertrn My DS (now 8) didn't eat anything until he was about 12 months old- and then he would only eat dry foods (cheerios etc...) he gradually expanded overtime, but was 3 before he would eat even pudding or ice cream (not that I pushed those foods LOL) Some kids just don't like moist foods. He had texture issues he outgrew. He grew normally in height and weight and now eats a pretty varied balanced...
So do you all think a 2yr old that is very picky (especially with some textures) and has not really gained much weight in about 3 months, but is maintaining weight (i.e. not losing) and still eating a smaller variety of food sounds normal? This is my DS. I swear he wants to try new foods but doesnt like the texture so he backs off or spits it out. I see him making progress but it is very very slow....9 months ago he wouldnt touch string cheese, now he will eat it. He...
My LO will be 2 tomorrow and has recently been more demanding of nursing, especially at night. He likes to nurse in the morning, after bath, before nap and bed time and several times at night. If we are out and about or busy he will get by without asking and its no biggie but when we are home its a different story. And when he wakes up at night if he doesnt get it fast enough it turns into a full blown meltdown. Poor guy...I guess its developmental. I planned to nurse...