or Connect

Posts by Friendlee

How about quinoa? I thought it was pretty high in protein...can be thrown in anything from salads, to scrambled eggs, to soups. A super easy dish would be some cooked quinoa, black beans and some taco seasoning. And then if you have the energy and if the diet allows, you could add sour cream and cheese (but maybe those aren't good for candidiasis?) Isn't spirulina super high in protein (or is it chlorella?) and (or is it iron?). I'm not sure. Maybe a protein shake...
In my experience (i.e mother of a 1 year old and Google Queen) this is fairly normal. If anything, I'd hold off on the oats. Or maybe look into using the Happy Baby organic oatmeal cereal. We had a similar poop sitation. I didn't consider it a problem unless she seemed unhappy/uncomfortable AND had not pooped in awhile. This happened twice and I think it was a banana issue. She was sleeping through the night and then woke up for seemingly no reason one night...
I have so much to say...but my face is tear streaked and I am exhausted so I'm gonna try and get some rest (another important factor in making milk, right?!) But for now, I just can't thank you enough for your advice and support. It kills me to think I'm failing her but these comments have helped me to put things into perspective a bit. I have a mental plan going and I'm gonna give it some time and do what I have to do in the interim. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I've given her the sippy cup and my straw to practice and just for the experience, but she just chews. She doesn't get it yet. Should I put some water in a bottle to ensure she gets some water? He did ask about pees, but I felt casual about it at the time and said it was fine...it was after that I realized there really might be a problem.
Oh my gosh I am an emotional mess with this. I am crying left and right. Thank you, it means a lot to me coming from another MDC mom. *sigh* I AM more than the boob. I am. (This is not to say that I will quit trying). I love her so much, I would do anything for her. Absolutely anything. Damn. I just envisioned this so differently. tear.
She's producing much fewer wet dipes. I don't give her water. My doc told me all the hydration she needs should come from breastmilk. Her poops lately have been hard and many small pieces. I actually HAVE been concerned about dehydration. Especially in this heat.
Sometimes I think when something takes THIS much effort and thought, that it isn't natural. (I mean I know formula isn't natural either, ha!). But, this just doesn't seem right to me. Women in the 1800's didn't have google and sometimes lived very far away from their mothers. Suppose the few supporting women/mothers in my town suggested everything above and it still didn't work for me. Then where would I be? Did this happen to women back in the old days? I am really...
Thank you. This makes me want to cry though...I'm doing all of this (except the medication). I actually like the maple syrup smell because it transcends me back to when she was a newborn. Anyway, she did start crawling recently, but she isn't eating more than normal...she can only stay latched on for literally 60 seconds, maybe less, before she's upset because it's all gone. I know she's effiecient, but that's insane. I know she isn't getting what she needs in 60...
PatioGardener, yep I've been eating oatmeal...even when I'm not hungry...even when I think oatmeal's gonna make me gag! I'm not pregnant. I'm definitely open to herbs and have been using them for the past 9 months on and off, especially now considering my struggle. Medication...I'm not sure. I mean, I feel like I need to do what's natural and I'd MUCH rather get to the root of the issue. I gave birth naturally, I cloth diaper, I breastfeed...I try to do things...