or Connect

Posts by kdorrain

anything written or illustrated by Don and Audrey Wood:   The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear The Napping House etc.   We also love the Pigeon books (Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, et. al.)   Chica Chica Boom Boom   Llama, Llama books (Llama Llama Red Pajama, et. al.)
HUGS...Congratulations....and Welcome to Jase and Josie!   I hope you have an active AP community in your area.  If you aren't sure, please find one.   Here, we have several AP moms who successfully fought crazy NICU policies.  We also have several really good birth trauma processing resources.  Now is the time to go in search of those.  This therapist from MN might be able to connect you with others like her in your area... ...
I sounds like "going late" itself isn't your worry.  :)  It's the not having help if you do...   Can you work out a contingency plan?  I get Postpartum Anxiety and one of my triggers is being alone with the baby plus its sibling(s).  I'm working on a list of things I can do if I'm left alone with three kids.  (Fortunately, my DH is a SAHD, so the chance is somewhat rare, but he does go do things like see movies, etc for his own mental health too!)   Make some...
HUGS.  I could have written that the first time too.  I want to be gentle, but I want to share my story.  I did defer to my husband despite my heart and head and gut screaming "no."  I blew off the first scheduled induction but didn't have the courage to do it again, so in I went.  My body was just not ready to have that baby and my husband felt like his version of supporting me was helping me "see" the doctors had my best interest in mind.  He was afraid of seeing me in...
Could he be in charge of the other kidlets?  I know I'm trying to plan for what to do with those pretty needy rascals when it's time.  I'd love for my big kids to be there, but I couldn't even have hyperemesis in peace...as they clustered around the toilet "why are you throwing up mama?  can I have a cookie, mama? mama, why aren't you talking to me?"    Maybe he should plan to coral the other kids and get them settled/away/fed whatever.  Then he can show up with them...
thanks for the tip on the bellyband.  I am having pretty bad RL pain (third child also) this time around too.  Stairs are the worst.   Kristine
Agree with Adaline'sMama.  I would add:   For Pregnancy/Birth Pushed by Jennifer Block and Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer   To keep on hand, I love "How Weaning Happens"  It's not a book on how to wean per se, but really a book of stories on how mamas have or have not wanted to wean and how it did or did not happen for any number of reasons and in any number of ways.  I love it (it actually convinced me to delay weaning my first for a...
Chiming in with "not okay" and wanted to say that if you attend a church or other community-building thing where you can find a couple to support you...perhaps a girlfriend's husband can start a conversation about it.  He needs to know that the baby's health is #1.  I have lost 20# this pregnancy (I'm 29+3) and just had a terrifying u/s to see why my baby was palpating so small.  I started out at least 80# overweight (I'm tall too) and so we weren't super worried until...
Just a quick update:   I had an ultrasound to check things and baby is measuring right on--the placenta is in front of the baby, which is making things really tough to guesstimate without technology.  I'm so relieved.  Now I just need to eat well for ME to replace the nutrients lost through months of hyperemesis.  Thanks for the suggestions I've taken many of them!   Kristine
Thanks everyone.  I have no idea why I hadn't thought of nuts!  I have been adding guacamole and mayo to my sandwiches.  (the weirdest part is that I'm overweight... I gain weight on like 1200 calories a day.  I've never had to think about how to keep myself OUT of ketosis before).  :)   While baked goods don't appeal to me, I think I could tolerate them.  The brownies sound good and, bonus, my girls would love them too!   I think I could also tolerate greek...