or Connect

Posts by kdorrain

We just got Amazing You and It's Not the Stork.  I put Amazing You away for now (seems slightly more focused on older kids and their body changes), and my 5 yo and 3 yo are focusing on It's not the Stork.  there is a little blurb in there on uncircumcised penises vs. circumcised ones and most of the characters are mostly drawn with sort of nebulous-looking ones.  No clear foreskin, no clear glans on most illustrations that I can recall.     My 5 yo picked and chose...
I haven't found good maternity jeans; I'm a size 18-20, mostly due to hips/butt.   I do like Gap's maternity pants (I bought a bunch of them during my last pregnancy and dug them out for this one), but I haven't tried their jeans.  Just a simple black flare-leg pant that I wear for work, gardening, whatever.   I also got into yoga pants with my last pregnancy.  Looking for another comfy pair for this one.  I was going to try Old Navy..We'll see.  I can't stand...
I don't track it to the day, like others said, but I do have an app on my phone so I can easily check it.  I do like to get the weekly "your baby is..." emails so I can tell my other kids.  With my first, I knew practically to the minute. I'm also telling folks "end of February" when 40 weeks is Feb 17.  I don't want anyone to start bugging me too soon.  :)     Right now, I'm fending off all the "when will you find out the gender" questions, which is always followed...
15w 3d and while the "all day sickness" is relenting a little, this is by far the longest I've been sick in a pregnancy.  Hugs to all the sick mamas.  I can't swallow anything, so have been taking no supplements,  but I need to find a way to get some B6 to try it.   I was also going get some gummy vitamins to see if I can handle those...I need something nutritious.   Ugh.   Kristine
My local Attachment Parenting community is big into Blessingways.  I have two yarn bracelets on right now, waiting for my dear friends to birth their precious babies.  We typically have a Feast (potluck), then the Web of Sisterhood  (yarn bracelets), then we introduce ourselves in a circle--our name, how we met the mama, and provide our matrilineal heritage, then we all give a bead or two to the mom (dropping them into a pretty bowl as we talk about why we selected the...
I alternate weeks for chiropractic and massage.  With all the relaxin, the adjustments don't hold as well, hence the need to stay up on it.  I use body pillows in front and stack other pillows behind me.  sometimes I get up in the night for 1/2 hour or more, just to stretch and try again.  I flip over a lot.  I co-sleep with DD2 (almost 3 yo) who sleeps through it...DH sleeps in a different bed right now.   I have hip issues too, and while the relaxin does help a...
I'm there!  12w 5d and so happy.  And we heard the HB yesterday (and I felt movement, too!).  After the MC, I have been very anxious.  We are not doing any interventions or "technology", but decided that a short few moments with Doppler would produce a world of good for mama.  And it has!  I'm just emotional with joy that this little one is strong and moving and alive!  We have told a few people today and will tell our girls tonight!     I would love the m/s to end...
As a HS child, I agree with the posters that "what works well now might not be what you do later."  I really, really wish I had been allowed to go a high school (public or private).  Homeschool was pretty isolating, and though I did have friends and activities to some degree, I had no real idea of how to study on someone else's timeline or deal with peer and professors (observing negative behavior is not the same).  I could have benefited and gained so much confidence...
I can definitely feel my uterus.  When I lay on my side, especially.  It's heavy in there!  and I'm 10w 2d.  I'm overweight, but I've lost 7 pounds due to being unable to eat and my pants are much tighter, so it's not hard to figure out why.   I understand the uterus *is* pretty low right now (which I think is sort of why I feel it better when lying down, less gravity--but then, I've had three pregnancies and I'm sure the muscles are far less toned), and that even a...
Nothing but sympathy here.  I can't cook either.  My kids are living on box mac n cheese and crackers and take out.  I can't imagine the skunk smell.  I had DH tossing everything in the kitchen due to a sour musty smell that was making me gag.  He couldn't smell it so he was just randomly throwing things outside.     I might have to try that biocide stuff too...just for the random house smells!     HUGS to you!   Kristine