or Connect

Posts by brietta

I am about 26 weeks pregnant with baby #6. My first 3 deliveries were natural, vaginal births with midwives.   #4 was a whirlwind emergency c/s because my baby's heart rate was 270 bpm and it turned out that she had to spend the first month of her life in the NICU after being diagnosed with 5 categories of major heart disease.   #5 was a successful hospital VBAC, but I had to fight tooth and nail for it and at the last minute the doctor insisted that I deliver...
I have been a fairly devoted pocket diaper user, but I'm recently branching out into fitteds and finding that my husband (who I had stuck with pockets for-- thinking they would be the "easiest") really likes them, as do I. We have hard water, which makes washing the synthetic fibers of the pocket diaper inserts a pretty meticulous affair. I'd like to be done with that since it doesn't seem to make a difference to hubby anyway. I'm using kissaluv 0s on my newborn...
I have been a fairly devoted pocket diaper user, but I'm recently branching out into fitteds and finding that my husband (who I had stuck with pockets for-- thinking they would be the "easiest") really likes them, as do I. We have hard water, which makes washing the synthetic fibers of the pocket diaper inserts a pretty meticulous affair. I'd like to be done with that since it doesn't seem to make a difference to hubby anyway. I'm using kissaluv 0s on my newborn...
I have 12 kissaluv fitted 0s + 6 x-small thirsties covers for Baby (due in Oct). I'd like to buy some more diapers to round out the stash, but I'm not interested in prefolds. I had looked at the GMD infant fitteds because the price is great, but I don't really like the aplix vs. a diaper with snaps. Then I saw a sale on Clover Organic Velour Fitted Diapers, size small, for $9.95/each. I know NOTHING about these diapers, however. Thoughts? Should I snatch them up? They...
Quote: Originally Posted by kriket you could diaper twins! Really? I guess I figured only having 12 diapers (+ the covers) would be just enough to get me through 1 day with 1 baby. My babies all tend to poo small amounts frequently (almost every time they nurse, honestly!) throughout the day, so that we're having to change diapers pretty often. Maybe that's why I am hoping to have a diaper stash of more like 18-24.
Quote: Originally Posted by Michigan Mama Also, how often do you think you'll wash? I actually like washing each evening (I do the cold rinse right after I put the kids to bed, then I add the detergent and do the heavy wash right before I go to bed. I do the warm rinse first thing in the morning and then promptly hang them on the line), but I'd like about 18 diapers so that I have "line-drying time," if that makes...
Question: I had inquired about using contours and snappis (I just ADORE the kissaluvs colors and would love as big a stash of those "sherbet" delights as possible!), but most responses said they wouldn't contain the newborn poo better. I guess I don't understand how they can be worse than prefolds at containing the messes...? That was when I decided to stick with fitteds so that I could benefit from the elastic around the legs-- and got some recs for GMD fitteds. Could...
I am trying to get my final plan for diapers for the new baby due in October together. This will be my first time CD'ing a baby from the get-go. So far, I have 12 kissaluvs 0s + 6 x-small Thirsties covers that my sister is lending me. I'd like to add more to the stash. She managed with just that, but I think she must have been doing laundry really often. I expect an 8-1/2lb baby-- give or take a bit-- based on the birth weights of my other children (in order, they were:...
Quote: Originally Posted by bstandlee Thanks for your replies. It must be build up. We're using mostly Fuzzibunz and we only use Charlies soap but we do have hard water. We use fuzzi bunz and Charlie's Soap and have hard water. The ammonia REALLY irritated my son's penis when he was in diapers. To get back to square one, I ended up having to use about 1T of bleach in a hot wash on the microfiber inserts (which is where the bacteria/detergent...
I like kissaluvs terry wipes. I tried using Baby Bits (the little soap cubes) and the solution irritated my daughter's very fair skin. Plain warm water works best for us.