or Connect

Posts by ZanZansMommy

:
Quote: Originally Posted by IntuitiveJamie I think in this day and age, learning someone's name and using it goes a very long way. Greeting them with their name and learning a little something about them is always nice. Do they have kids? How old? This works just about anywhere...the bank, the grocery store etc. I also agree with being very respectful of library rules and returning books in good condition etc. I don't see how you can go wrong if you...
Nice list!
Play, read, play, read............on & on & on. I have a DS(4) who is a bundle of energy. It's no-stop until he crashing to sleep at night. -he draws/colors a lot. I got dry erase markers & realized by dish washer is essentially a huge dry erase board. He LOVES being able to write all over & then he simply uses the eraser & it comes off. It's been invaluable. -I also made up days of the week, months, the year & numbers..laminated them & he changes it daily to...
How would one even check their profile? I can't seem to find anything...
I've never paid for someone's meal, but I have paid their toll. One thing I always do is when I know I'm going to a craft store (AC Moore, Michaels, Jo-Ann's) I print off several coupons from the internet & while I'm waiting in line, I hand them out. People are always so happy to be saving a bit of money & it makes me feel good to see their smiles.
Quote: Originally Posted by staceychev I think it might be in the range of normal, and I wouldn't blame the fact that you've been home with him. I've been working since DD was 14 months, and she's like that, too. I just think some kids are like this. I also wonder if he's been worse since his sister was born. DD has definitely been needier since our second daughter was born a month ago. Second the suggestion for Raising Your Spirited Child. Great,...
Take the pedals off the bike you have a crate your own balance bike. MY DS LOVES his balance bike & even at 4.5 has a lot of use with it. In fact, when I take him to the skate board park, the older kids (age 6-8) always ask to try it out. DS can pedal & balance on a regular bike, but he can go faster with his balance bike, so he still chooses to use it. DD is almost 7, never had balance bike & is still finding it tough to ride a bike w/o training wheels.
DO NOT compare your kids to other homeschooled kids & don't compare yourself to other homeschooling Moms. This goes along with looking at those beautiful blogs where the mom makes everything in the house, has time & energy for 6-10 crafts a day, reads to her children, bakes, does lessons with her kids, makes a quilt & meanwhile her entire dining room table has been turned into Mesopatamia & it's gorgeous. (Can you tell I'm jealous too?) Just enjoy the journey, it'll...
My dc & myself included, love the Usborne See Inside Your Body. It has lift & flaps, is packed with tons of good solid information & is just plain fun.