or Connect

Posts by ZanZansMommy

Quote: Originally Posted by kittie313 I literally know NOTHING about scouting or anything that even remotely resembles it. I was not allowed to do ANY of that kind of stuff growing up, so me leading a troop would be a monumental mistake I think. At least, not until I've had kids in the program for a couple years....................... I was never a girl scout & I started up a homeschool Daisy Troop 2 years ago. I had NO clue what to do, but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by MaterBum Here's what bothers me about those sale drives. I have to spend $3.75 for the troop to get $0.25. I'm making the company rich, not the troop! So when my nieces ask me to buy cookies for their troop, I make a straight $5.00 donation. I know that doesn't help them win some T-shirt or poster, but come on! Give that money for the prizes to the troop! Ditto! When my troop sold cookies last year & I saw the...
Been there done that I found that with both of my DC 14-20 mos was horrendous in regards to marathon nursing. I tried night weaning both around 18 mos & it failed badly. I waited till 23-24 mos & things went SO much smoothly. They were more accepting of the limits I put on nursing. My DC were also better able to understand things at that point...not that it was easy, Just easier than at 18 mos. I would suspect that you DC is teething & also going through some other...
My DS started STN at 2 1/2 yrs. old when I night weaned him. He would wake anywhere from 4-8 times a night depending on the night prior to my weaning. I should say I started the weaning process at 2 & it took until 2 1/2 for us to be able to lay down together without any nursing. I had tried the same process at 18 months & failed miserably. DS was So not ready. It helped a lot to wait the 6 months as he was better able to understand what we were going to do: no more...
My DD is learning to spell by doing word searches & crossword puzzles. It seems to be working for her.
Apologize & then chat with them.
Almost NO alone time. I want to go to the gym or run a quick errand & can't b/c my children are young & getting a sitter is too expensive. Keeping a schedule can be tough. Even having a loose schedule runs away from me at times. Loss of a 2nd income is Huge but definetly something I'm willing to sacrifice. Being stuck in the house from Dec-March (we're in NE)....this is the worst time of year for me due to the lack of sun & the inability to go outside many days....
I feel your pain Mama. I was nauseated for 28 weeks with DD until a patient of mine recommended lemons. Up till that point I'd tried everything. I took one lick of a lemon & the nausea was gone. Granted I had to do this daily but it was so worth it. Good Luck!
DS, DD & DH. I axed the gift giving to everyone very early on in my marriage & although it didn't go over very well initially, it is great now. I love it
Quote: Originally Posted by Aufilia In our family we do wrap presents that are in stockings. We open presents under the tree first, then do stockings, and then have a big family brunch.