or Connect

Posts by ZanZansMommy

Quote: Originally Posted by devon I just had my third baby and was 8cm without painful contractions - I was hanging out with my hubby and midwives, chatting, watching a movie, etc. My story is similar. I was actually walking around Target & simply felt pressure, no pain. After walking around for awhile I decided it was best for me to get home (still no pain, something inside me said to get home) So I called my midwife, she decided to come over...
Wish I had some words of wisdom for you Mama. I have to take it hour by hour with my 3 yr. old...sigh. It's tough. He seems SO much worse at this age than my DD but maybe I'm just selectively remembering the good parts Just remember this too shall pass.
I'm in a quandry. DS3 Roundabout is about to expire next month & I need a new seat for him. Ideally, I had planned on moving him to DD's Marathon & moving her to a booster. But DD5.5 weighs the same as DS3...They're both 35lbs. DS is 37" & DD is 42" (she's tiny). So what the heck do I do? DD still fits quite well in the Marathon & that won't expire for another 2 years. I feel like my eyeballs are going to fall out from all the reading & comparisons I've done. I just need...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~*max*~ ZanZansMommy, I totally hear you & have been there many times, as recently as yesterday! A few times I've even ended up w/a migraine after knitting. : Now that's just not right. Aren't hobbies supposed to be fun & relaxing?? Try to think of it as a learning & practice experience. Each time you pick up the needles you'll have more experience under your belt and will do better. Do you have anyone who can help you out?...
Well I screwed up royally on my scarf: Ended up having to undo about 1/3 of it. Now that I've started it again I can see so many areas where I messed up...ugh. Also it looks like I'm knitting looser as I get better at this...does that make sense? The 1st part of my scarf is nice & even & the knits look closer together. ....I want to know when this gets to be relaxing
Poet. I was in yor shoes 6 years ago. After 3 failed IVF's, all with terrific embryos to transfer, I was SO burnt out. Mentally I wanted to just keep going but I was tired, anxious & just sick of the whole process. So I took 4 months off, went to counseling, and DH & I went to Bermuda. It was SO fantastic. My next cycle started 2 weeks after I got back & it was +. That resulted in my DD. I really do feel I was more rested & better able to handle the IVF process after...
Quote: Originally Posted by dogretro It always seems as though we end up having to protect our little kids from older kids who are doing inappropriate things and their parents are not even attempting to stop them. I am not talking about things like running or tossing a ball or jumping off of play structures. That is kids playing. But older kids who throw toys, push past little kids to get to things, swing into them, come in toddler play areas & splash...
Quote: Originally Posted by boricuaqueen327 My dream project though is socks. : Me too! The yarn shop in town is offering a class on this but it's $50..ugh Nemesis--how did you start a S&B group? I'd love to find local knitters & get some hands on help.
Quote: Originally Posted by skueppers I find that my kids learn everything that anyone could reasonably expect them to know without any need for me to consider the "curriculum" or think of it as "homeschooling". We play games, we read books, we go to museums, we go to playgrounds, we go for walks, we do crafts, we cook, we go to library story time, we get together with friends, etc. :
Wow Max you sure are fast at getting these projects done. Can you post some pictures? My scarf is slow going. DD has been terribly sick so I haven't had much time to work on it. Is binding off what I have to do when I'm done with the scarf? And what is dpn's? This is such a new world to me. My town has a very high end yarn store that has workshops. They seemed a bit pricey to me. Like $50 for 3 classes. What do you all think. I don't really have any experienced...