or Connect

Posts by ZanZansMommy

I agree----I think it's personality mostly. We are a very huggy & kissy family & DD has taken on that same characteristic. She's always asking for *family hugs* She just loves to be cuddled & kissed & I couldn't be happier about it. Who knows what we'll get with #2. One thing I'm careful of is to let DD tell me when she's ready for hugs or kisses or I'll ask to have them if I'm feeling particularly needy . I would never force her to show affection to myself or...
Quote: Originally Posted by chisaomom DD likes to draw on everything too. We've just made a habit of watching her closely when she has a crayon or marker and reminding her of the rules. If she starts marking up something she's not supposed to, we give her the option of writing on two other things that are okay ("We don't draw on the book, but you can draw on your board or on this paper. Which one do you want to use?"). That gives her a choice, and we're...
I just put them in for a short cycle without soap. I find it works quite well.
I never buy HE detergent. I do use less than they say to use & I always do an extra rinse cycle. I don't have a soak cycle on mine. I've never had a problem with our diapers.
We just got our Loveybums wool covers & I got a LG for my 22 mo. old (she's 23 lbs). I have it snapped on the tighest snaps for her--she is skinny in the waist & thighs. I think it's a fairly good fit. I e-mailed Pam about possibly getting a M & she felt for my DD the M rise would be too low. Now that we've tried the cover a few times I agree with her. I have both a wool jersey & a wool interlock. The jersey feels a bit softer. That's the only difference I notice....
Quote: Originally Posted by LoveChild421 My son was persistently posterior until I had the Webster technique done by a chiropractor- then after 2 visits to her he turned and remained anterior the remaining month and was born anterior. This technique has a very high success rate. Yes indeed. This is Very Very effective!
So maybe in 3.5 mos if you need to sell anything you can remember ME :LOL :LOL That stash is simply gorgeous.
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesMama People keep asking me about DS's sleeping habits (not that it's their business, but ya know...) and I usually smile and say something to the effect of since he sleeps with us and I nurse I rarely really wake up, so I'm sleeping great! Yup I say this too I also tell them I couldn't imagine getting up out of bed when I'm in such a deep sleep. what a drag for those parents that don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesMama People keep asking me about DS's sleeping habits (not that it's their business, but ya know...) and I usually smile and say something to the effect of since he sleeps with us and I nurse I rarely really wake up, so I'm sleeping great! Yup I say this too I also tell them I couldn't imagin getting up out of bed when I'm in such a deep sleep. Quote: Well I usually get some crap about "Oh, you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Heffernhyphen Am I being too reckless, is he being too uptight, is there a compromise to be met? I don't want ds in the middle of sparring parents. The way Dh & I get around this is we respect whatever the other parent feels strongly about. I for one am super laid back & would allow my DD to do the same things you allow your son to do. But DH would tell her to stop. I back him up if he tells her to not do...