or Connect

Posts by nicoleinOR

Hi all, My 3 year old has been night time potty trained for about 9 months, but all of the sudden she has been wet every morning for the last 2 weeks. She doesn't seem to have any sort of urinary tract infection based on the fact that she has no other symptoms. I'm afraid that there is some sort of emotional reason- we did just start back to preschool 2 days a week after the summer off, but she doesn't seem stressed by it. I know the best thing to do is probably...
Hi all, Does anyone have any tips for reading to 2 babies at once? My twins are 12 months and I'm trying to establish a reading at bedtime routine so that some day when someone else can put them to bed beside me. Right now, they nurse to bed only. I have tried reading to the 2 of them at once many times, but it always lasts just a couple of minutes and ends in 2 tired babies fighting over the book. I don't expect that they're going to sit there and listen attentively,...
Sounds like our kids are about the same ages so I know how tough this is. The only reason I'm able to be on here writing right now is because they all 3 are sleeping at the same time and it makes all the difference in my sanity! For the afternoon nap, I take the twins into my older daughter's room while I read to her. They are usually really entertained in there because most of the time it's off limits so her toys are new and exciting. We read 2 books and then I...
I've posted this in the sleeping page and on the multiples page with no help so far, so I thought I'd try the Montessori group since my decision to go cribless is Montessori inspired... I have 10 month old twins that have been sleeping on a twin size futton mattress on the floor in their own childproof room since they were 3 months. Until now, neither have been mobile and so there was minimal rolling off and no trouble falling asleep on their own. Typically before nap...
I have 10 month old twins that have been sleeping on a twin size futton mattress on the floor in their own childproof room since they were 3 months. Until now, neither have been mobile and so there was minimal rolling off and no trouble falling asleep on their own. Typically before nap and bedtime I nurse them until they are sleepy, but not always fast asleep. I've been so proud of being able to leave the room while they are awake and they can peacefully or with just a few...
I have 10 month old twins that have been sleeping on a twin size futton mattress on the floor in their own childproof room since they were 3 months. Until now, neither have been mobile and so there was minimal rolling off and no trouble falling asleep on their own. Typically before nap and bedtime I nurse them until they are sleepy, but not always fast asleep. I've been so proud of being able to leave the room while they are awake and they can peacefully or with just a...
I have 2 month old twins that sleep either in bed with us or in a pac n play next to the bed. At some point I do plan to transition them into their bedroom and I haven't decided what to put them in. My first daughter never slept in a crib- just a mattress on the floor. Has anyone had success with this with multiples? I know every kid is different, but I'm curious as to others' experiences. Thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that you let down at the slightest thought about nursing? or that your let down while nursing is too strong and hard for your babies to keep up?
I;m having some nursing woes. One of my twins is not gaining well. They were born small at 37 weeks- 4'5 and 4'9. Both lost a lot at the hospital and by the time we came home were down to 3'15. Baby boy has been gaining fine though- he is up to 5 lbs at 3.5 weeks (he was the smaller of the 2). But baby girl is barely back to birth weight, at 4' 8. The thing is she seems to be nursing well. She has wet/poopy diapers every time, I hear and see her swallowing, she...
For those of you that are uncomfortable with the amount of doctoring a multiples pregnancy has brought on and worried about losing control of your birth experience in a hospital, I hope this helps... My first thought when I found out that I was having twins at 20 weeks was that this was not going to be the pregnancy and birth that I had planned for. Selfish maybe, but I had such a wonderful, natural childbirth with my first and I was looking forward to repeating the...