or Connect

Posts by mummyofan

I htink you need to make some time for yourself, insetad of grabbing guilted moments, then feeling awful, just assign time to yourself during the day and make it yours and don't feel guilty. also I think you could use some time with a friend; preferably one who has similar age children, but any how would do and talk. Preferably with a friend who has a similar parenting philosophy to you and one who is not going to judge your feelings. I'm just a Mum myself, so this is...
Which state do you live in don't chastise yourself. I'll be back puting children to bed...
Go out in the evening, party like a rockstar at a karaoke bar, have sex with DH anywhere in the house, fall int o blissfull sleep and then lie in the next day, nursing a hangover/singing headache! to be honest, that's in my dreams.... I'd probably barely have the energy to veg in front of the telly with DH and a bottle of wine.... but we do that anyway. Yup, i'm one exciting woman. haha. I'd also probably be counting the mins before I got to see my 'babies' again (4...
She sounds to me like a normal 17 month old. Mine liked me to hold their bottle for them, indeed, i think it's an important cuddle time. my son, at 4 will sometimes not eat stick or messy things. He will, however, eat when he's hungry! She will soon see the other children eating/ doing things differently and figure that this is how it is here... Toast with something on it was good for mine when they had no teeth, and the whole choking thing shouldn't be an issue at...
I love this forum; People always seem to 'walk away' feeling a little better. Don't know what to suggest. I have no support network here, but I do have fantastic neighbours. Mine are 4 and 2, and one is just learning about asserting himself, and the other trying to get independance. It's cute and frustrating!
Quote: Originally Posted by Katwoman Wrong word choice on my part, I should have said young 6 - she just turned 6 last month. Those pads are a great idea. Thanks! So sorry...! put my foot in it! http://www.healthcareapparel.com/sho...underpads.html this is the link to the kind of thing I'm talking about. I have also heard that changes in a diet or medical treatment can affect frequency of needing to 'pee' Again, apologies.
yeah, I'd say no to going back.... i think it's just going to have to be disturbed sleep for a while, but you could put a pad with a waterproof base on the bed; they're cheap ( they're the ones used in hospitals, and I use them for when I'm changing my DD out, and also for long journeys for my DS, in case he falls asleep) it'd save alot of sheet washing, and they're so slim, they're un-intrusive. They are small, blue on one side and white on the other. I'd also talk to...
Yeah, I'm with you, and thanks for putting this up there.... here's mine.... I was in San Fran, in a dep. store, with my mother visiting, she had gone to check out some shoes just a little way away, I was B. feeding my then 2 month old DD, while my son was cuddling me, and I think he was trying to get a better hold, and whining a bit, he was 23 months at the time, and an old lady was coming close, looking at me. i thought she was going to chastise me for showing skin/some...
cant think of anything sensible to write, you've probably tried these, but library, to find 'jobs we do' books, go visit a fire station, playdates television, a little is surely ok? ask your DH to help explain the situation that's all I can think of for now!
yup, another "you're a normal parent" vote here. I think you're giving them a healthy independance. I used to walk 'many' miles to school as a child....I think it's 1-2.... with my younger brother, though I think my Mum would have been ok with it had i been by myself. I would have been 8 or older and my brother 7, as we moved house but kept the original school. My Mum would walked us from the old house at first.