or Connect

Posts by Michigan Mama

Thanks so much mamas for the support. I really appreciate it. I have an impatient baby atm, so I'm going to read the posts again later, but it helps to know I'm not alone. kwim?
Prefolds & snappis are inexpensive, pretty easy, wash easily. I also really like thirsties duo wraps. They are pretty middle of the road as far as price, but I love the gussets and I live that there are only two sizes, so you don't need to buy a lot of different sizes. I think 30-36 with a nb is good, but with an older baby - even at 4 mo, I think 24-30 is fine. At the beginnnig I go through at least 12 dipes a day I think, and probably more like 10 later. ...
so weird - I thought for sure I posted a reply yesterday. Must not have gone thru! Anyway, you're right about looking at what we can eat and go from there. I've gotten frustrated in the past looking for recipes because it's hard to sort though what's safe and what's not and what he'll actually eat! Anyone wanna come over and plan my menu for me? Then convince my ds to eat it? LOL. I think I"m just still in the state of mourning. LOL. guess i JUST NEED to...
So, I knew ds has multiple food allergies, and we decided it was time to get some sort of formal testing - dr sent us for a RAST blood test. My understanding is that can give false negatives. Does it ever give false positives or is the issue that it's not always sensitive enough? So he came back with plenty of environmental allergies and lots of food, too. Almost everything we tested. On a scale of 0-6, these were his results: wheat 2 corn 1 pea 2 peanut...
I think it would work well. Less stink and mildew later! Good thinking. What do you plan to do with poopies? (Not sure if you LO has started solids, though) I can't remember what we did about that before. I think I used liners, but don't remember well...
we've done well with fleece liners, too, and that would mean you wouldn't need to buy a whole new stash. Microfleece is the softest, but I have some that I cut from Joann's anti-pill fleece and I've been using them for like 2 years. The look yucky and need to be retired but they still do the trick! You'd probably do well with pocket diapers, too, but if you want to be able to use what you already have, then I'd go for some hemp or bamboo doublers because they are...
Good question. We have a trip coming up soon and I'm thinking I'll just wing it. He would not take well to any form of diaper or pull up. Maybe I'll put something waterproof under his bum in the seat, though?
Quote: Originally Posted by Michigan Mama Aaaand - I took a pregnancy test this morning - that was bfn - which is fine with me. I guess I'm still in the pp weirdness b/c I'm on day like 35 and still no AF. Hmmm. We are certainly not TTC, but not being really careful about TTA either. Oh well, we'll take whatever comes. What the heck? So still no AF and I'm on day 37 now I think... so I took another test this a.m. Now, I remember hearing...
I'm pretty sold on Thirsties Duo Wraps. They come in two sizes rather than one. To be fair, I've not tried any of the one-size covers, but if they are anything like one-size diapers, they would never fit my babes as nb's and many kids outgrow them prior to PL'ing. So some people using one-size diaper actually end up needing 3 sizes, which is not so economical. The Duo wrap size one was slightly large on my nb (7lb3oz) when he still had his cord stump. We had to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mamabeakley I just found out I have a job interview in a week and a half - I MUST GET SOME CLOTHES THAT FIT! None of my clothes really fit well and I hardly have any, anyway. I have hit my major weight loss period of breastfeeding (I call it the "that was good . . . let me eat it again" phase where I am hungry all the time and losing weight anyway.) Gah. I hate shopping on principle and I especially hate it with kids in...