or Connect

Posts by ShellieC

I feel for you! How are the showings going? I have a 1.5 & 3 yr old and am 5 weeks pregnant. We are currently making an offer on a new place and if it's accepted we have to get our house up on the market quickly. Please post any tips YOU have after doing this for a week or so. My friend who also has two young children & sold her house in 1 week told me that they LIVED out of the house during the days to keep it clean. They ate at friends, hung out at IKEA, etc. ...
Teddies, not ferries Oh, and looking at houses (for comparisons) yesterday really showed me that it's not good to have toys visible, except maybe in a playroom, while showing. It is too cluttered looking and distracts the buyer from the house. I'll be keeping ours hidden while showing. well play outside, go to friends, ikea, malls, etc a lot while showing so they get lots of playtime without making a mess of the house.
We are putting our house up for sale as well & have a place we are making an offer on. The house will be smaller but it'll be on 3 acres and have a big shop/garage. My kids are 3, 1.5 & I'm 5 weeks pregnant! I'm not sure how we'll do all this, keeping our place spotless to sell, but trust it'll work out. Were decluttering toys too. We put a couple of bins of them in a spare room to see how the kids do without them. Some I can see are worth giving away, some we'll store in...
Thank you everyone for your responses.  My husband and I have been talking about this a lot and he is even doing research on his own so it's seeming more and more that we are going to do it.  At this point we've decided to start the process of talking to people in the system (I have a social worker friend who will help us) and taking it a step at a time, knowing we can always stop if things don't feel right.     We have lots to think about regarding how we would find...
DH and I have been married almost 12 years and have two children, 3 yrs & 17mo.  We've talked about adoption on & off since we first married, but have never "known" if we should.  DH is fine either way, and said he'd follow my lead on this.  The problem is, I just don't know if/ when we should.  We'd be happy in life either way, but I'd love to provide a loving home for a parentless child, if we are meant to.  I wish I'd have some fantastic vision of adopting like my...
Thanks for the tip on shaking it. I'll have to try. Its not raw (if only I could get raw milk here) but isn't homogenized. I'll freeze it today. .
I got lots of organic whole milk on sale (for someone who decided not to take it) and am wondering if I can freeze some to make yogurt out of later, since it will expire before I need to make more. Has anyone frozen milk? How does it turn out when thawed? Any tips on freezing it? Thanks!!
Quote: Originally Posted by cagnew Shellie: COngrats on coming to the Church! Welcome home It can be very frustrating looking for a Catholic Church that is orthodox. I would just pray and ask God to lead you where He wants your family to be. In the meantime, it's good to be on guard when learning about the faith. One of the awesome things about the Catholic Church is that all Her teachings are there for you to look up. If something doesn't sound right...
Well, I didn't start mm when I signed up a couple of weeks ago since it was the 1st day of dh's 2 week vacation. I've started today though and have done half my chores, and think I'll really like it. It was so weird to just clean the top shelves of my fridge! It was really hard to restrain myself from doing the whole fridge but I knew that would take up more time in my day that I could be using on other chores, and that it would come around later. What a...
Whoops, in my haste to finish that sentence (baby needing nap) it may have come out judgemental of people who don't show as much devotion, etc. Sorry, that was not my intent! I just didn't realize when I first started going to my current parish that there are differences between them, so have just come to learn that through my reading online. Sorry if I offended anyone! (and if not, I'm Canadian so can't help but apologize just in case)