or Connect

Posts by tpintsch

You could technically buy a fleece, process it, spin it, dye it, and knit it. And in the end you're final product would cost less to get there, but I've found with any new fun hobby I spend a lot more feeding it that I would have if I'd have just bought the final product. I still do it though, that's the fun part, is creating all of it.
I've been knitting a few baby outfits lately. It's so much fun creating with wool    
I didn't want to let this post slip without saying that I loved this entry and I posted the link to my facebook. Thanks...
No pain and no forced or tried retractions either. One day while my son was peeing he said, "Mommy Mommy come look my penis skin is rolled back" and sure enough it was. This was around 5 for him.
Hmmmm, you bring up an interesting concept. When my DS was a baby the ped. came in to give me going home instructions and when he asked if he was circ'ed and I said no, he looked visibly relieved and stated that I had made the best decision and none of his boys had been circ'ed either. I'm not sure why doctors (at least in my experience) try to stay so neutral and politically correct where circumcision is concerned. I would be very interested in seeing circ rates in baby...
I wouldn't worry about teaching him to put himself to sleep. With my DS (granted every child is different) but because daycare was such a different experience and I wasn't there, he followed along with what all the other toddlers where doing. He just layed down with them and fell asleep with no problems. I continued to put DS to sleep by nursing him when I was home. I think they understand that a different place means different expectations. I've heard that most children's...
You don't have to be afraid of telling other people's toddlers how to behave, as long as you are nice about it. At first I used to worry if the parent would confront me if I guided or redirected their children in a situation where they were either not present or not dealing with the behavior. But, if its affecting your child you have every right to step in. I've never had a toddler not listen to me. I think at that age toddlers will listen to another adult better than they...
My 15 month old DD has started into the phase of tantrums. Which I totally expected and understand. But the trouble is, when I need to move her from where she shouldn't be, she will get very upset and attack! my head. She will flail at me, hitting me as hard is she can, she grabs my hair and yanks, and even tries to head butt me. I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out what kind of approach to take with her, given her age. I'll sharply tell her no, that it hurts...
Quote: Originally Posted by ThingaMaSling Was this at the Easton/P'burg location in Easton, PA, by any chance? If so, I'd love to help you arrange a nurse-in. I am very active in LLL & am a board member for EmPoWeReD Birth PA, so we have many nursing mommies who'd be willing to help, I'm sure! So sorry that this happened to you! This is just so silly!!! Many kudos to you for sticking up for yourself & your baby though!!! Its actually the...
I'm just stopping in to give a little update and thank you mama's for your support. We still haven't heard anything back from the director. We sent a follow up email last week and he still hasn't written back. I did end up filing the incident with FirstRight.org last week, and I haven't heard from them. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to contact me or the Y? I'm not really sure where to go from here. I'll continue to nurse where I want at the Y, but I'd really...