or Connect

Posts by umm.hafsah

Hello,   We recently (as in, within the last month) switched to a more plant based (vegan) whole foods diet for health reasons. Well, not sure if we can call ourselves vegans really as we do eat some low-mercury fish, very occasionally allow for pastured meat (as in about once a month)  and eggs (maybe once a week for dh and son as they love them, I don't eat them). Previously, we used to eat more of a primal/paleo type diet. My toddler (3.5) has had issues with...
I just VBAC'ed with Sizzly Auer of Childbirth Options in Wesley Chapel. She does home visits too for prenatals (convenient for me because I couldn't make it out to her office easily).  
Thanks everyone for the reassurance and encouragement to trust my instinct about waiting and listening to my body. Once I confirmed that I was not 'going rogue' and being unreasonable, I felt a lot better about my decision. And in the end, it was definitely worth it to do so. I birthed my son (8 pounds 2 oz! We hadn't expected him to be bigger than 6-7 pounds max) at home just before dawn on July 5th; from the time I was at the computer surfing the web (when my water...
I am 39 weeks (would never encourage someone to take castor oil pre-due date but I was a  bit desperate in light of my husband's trip) and attempting an HBAC (csection was due to breech after spontaneous labor @ 36 weeks although I was laboring fine). Other than that I don't have any risk factors that I know of. I'm hoping my body may just be trying to hold out till he get back and once I am able to relax things proceed smoothly and quickly from there but want to double...
Just for some background, this was my original post :   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1356561/know-this-is-crazy-but-wwyd   Anyway, as I had mentioned, I tried every method of natural self-induction in the book because I wanted to have the baby before my husband had to go out of state for a week. Wednesday night, we were talking and enjoying eachothers company and he mentioned how it could still work out very well if the baby ended up coming on thursday,...
She told me I just need to 'let go' and that I won't be alone because she will be there. She says my body isn't ready for labor yet and I need to accept that.
I really need some advice in this situation as I feel I am getting desperate and probably not thinking straight. In the interest of getting you into my mindset, I will try to give full background info...   This is my 3rd pregnancy, 2nd child (2nd pregnancy was a miscarriage, no bleeding or anything and we waited weeks but when nothing happened I ended up having a D&C). I am currently 38 weeks. My first, DS, was born at 35/36 weeks by C-section as he was breech and no...
I think the risks you are thinking of are preterm labor (as an above poster mentioned), incompetent cervix (which is usually diagnosed by 2nd trimester losses), placenta previa, and premature dilation of the cervix which can also occur with IC and PTL. Most say first trimester losses cannot be caused by intercourse because its usually related to a chromosomal or developmental problem rather than an action on the part of the parent, however given that you did experience a...
Did they do a cervical measurement with the ultrasound? It could be nothing to worry about but personally I had something similar and it turned out to be what they like to call 'incompetent cervix' and I had PTL from 26 weeks. Now I need a preventative cerclage with every subsequent pregnancy. And I did get the steroids when I started labor at 26 weeks to boost the baby's lung development and was glad I did. I was on bedrest 20 weeks (didn't have a cerclage the first...
I had this problem too. Not sure why but I realized the only way I can see it and it shows up for me under the DDCs is if I sign in, if I am viewing this not signed in it doesn't show up.