or Connect

Posts by umm.hafsah

Ugh! Just wrote a long post and it got lost. To summarize: Thank you so much for the advice. I don't want you to feel I am being stubborn or disregarding your advice, just want to give myself some time to make the right decision but, do you know if it is normal this early in pregnancy to feel discomfort from the navel ring or is that likely unrelated? It feels sore like those first few days after getting it pierced even though it looked like it was healing quite well and...
I know some people buy 'pregnancy piercings' or plastic placeholders to keep the piercing open. Thats what I am leaning toward at the moment but really more like a wait and see thing right now as I am still only 6 weeks and have time to decide :). However, if it is infected, I assume the decision will already be made for me. It doesn't look noticeably red from the outside, it just seems a little up close, and its become quite sore.
Hi there-   I just recently found out I am pregnant which came as a big surprise (a pleasant one though). However, I am a bit concerned because a few months back I got 2 piercings, one in my nostril and a barbell in my navel. I've had the dreaded nose bump for a long time and was treating it with saltwater (didn't work), chamomile (didn't work), and tea tree oil (looked like it was starting to work but had to stop when I found out I was expecting). My navel piercing...
I hope this is allowed but I posted it in the wrong section before, I think. I was hoping for some advice on kind of a complicated situation. I am currently 33 weeks pregnant with my first child. Originally I was planning on a natural home birth but a lot has happened to prevent that. I was originally seeing an OB and at my 20 week ultrasound they noticed that my cervix was kind of short, but I was not too worried as I was told this could be a sign of incompetent cervix...
I was hoping for some advice on kind of a complicated situation. I am currently 33 weeks pregnant with my first child. Originally I was planning on a natural home birth but a lot has happened to prevent that. I was originally seeing an OB and at my 20 week ultrasound they noticed that my cervix was kind of short, but I was not too worried as I was told this could be a sign of incompetent cervix or it could be just because I am petite and small, I naturally have a short...
I think with a midwife at a birth center. I would really love a homebirth, but we are in an apartment and dh is only okay with homebirthing in a house.
5 wks 2 days Menstrual like cramps, sore sore breasts, a little bit of fatigue, a bit more emotional, some slight nausea, and at the same time (somehow) super-appetite and really enjoying food nowadays :. Also, some considerable bloating.
Thank you all! Your responses made me feel a lot better and a lot less anxious. I had the ultrasound today and they said I am still very early. They could see a gestation sac and a small yolk sac; I was thinking there would be more but the doctor said things look great so far and that I am only about 5 wks 2-3 days LMP. She wants me to come back in 2 weeks for a second one. I do feel kind of bad about all these ultrasounds but I know that my personality will drive me...
Me too! I am so bloated right now. The week I conceived (I think) I was at OBGYN's office for a consultation about something and they weighed me and I had lost about 4-5 pounds; I am small anyway though. They weighed me again at the end of the month, and lets just say I was higher than the original weight (before I lost the 4-5 pounds) due to bloating.
I am 18, my dh is 22. We got married young .