or Connect

Posts by Kinguk

I am crawling my way out of poverty and am finally at a good place financially -- still low-income and not financially self-sufficient, but I do have more coming in than going out!   My student loan debts went to collections a while back. There are two. With first one I have managed to pay it down by half. The other one ... Well it just went to collections but they are very understanding. One is with the fed. gov., the other is with the prov. gov.   It has been...
I was concernced about flu season too because of all the hype surrounding it. My doctor reassured me that, because I was exclusively breastfeeding, there was no need to worry nor get the flu shot -- breastmilk was the best thing for her. Sure enough, my little one had not caught anything that was going around. My hubby and a I both caught colds as well at some point and she didn't even catch that. We also get outside 2x every single day no matter what the weather --...
Here is my most favorite, super-duper, calorie-packed pancake recipe: 2c rolled oats 2c buttermilk -- stir to blend. Refridgerate overnight 2 eggs 1/4c butter (melted and cooled) Mix together in seperate bowl: 1/2c flour 2T sugar 1t b. powder 1t b. soda 1/2t cinnamon 1/4t salt Add flour mixture to oat mixture and stir until moist. Preheat griddle. Makes about 14 pancakes. They are called Beebo's Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes and I found them on a...
I see every negative/challenging situation as an opportunity to teach... Talk openly with her about food, why you choose the food you do for your house, and discuss how it makes her feel. Set the expectations/boundaries regarding meals at your house (what you have (whole foods, non-processed) rather than what you don't have (Lucky Charms, junkfood) Tell her you know she doesn't like the food, you understand why and it's OK for her to not like it. Get books from the...
If anyone asks, I tell them I'm a stay-at-home mom. I am attending school parttime and am out of the home 12 hours per week; she is in childcare four mornings per week. As far as income, about %50 is through student loan/grants, the rest is child support and those random government cheques that you get every month (in Canada). Financially, there is not much breathing room. My program is a short two years and then I will be working from home (although I will be...
I have had some unfortunate money issues arise and am now in a scary financial situation. I would like to sell my old engagement ring (I have been hanging on to it for an emergeny such as this). It's worth a lot and I was planning on posting it on Craigslist. I wanted to go this route as I think this is how I can get the most for it. I would have the buyer meet me at the store where the ring was purchased from. I'd show the certificates and have the store verify it....
Ahh, your hard work has paid off. Now you get to go live your dreams. You know that one thing you always wished you could do but never could? Now you get to go do it Just jump right in sista! I was living a life without purpose for about 1.5 years -- it's a scary feeling. I was stuck in a field of work that I no longer had the energy or desire for -- it wasn't making me much money anyway. I finally realized that my previous education and experience had served...
I've always had great relationships (minus the one I married into oddly enough), but have always really enjoyed being single. Now that I've been there done that (married, that is) I realize I can and want to stay single. I'll be honest, I'm not exactly enjoying life right now. I really can't handle the isolation and poverty. Top that with school and you have one grumpy mamma (not all the time, honest!). I'm pretty social and I just miss the regular monthly potlucks...
My living room is so emptyyyyyyyyy!! I have one bookshelf left to tackle and then I'm done the whole room; I'll finish up with that tomorrow. I've been taking pictures all along so will be posting soon. I've even been washing my walls as I've been going along! I haven't done any filing yet today and hope to get at least an hour done before bed tonight. I wish I had some wine right now. My babe's with daddy tonight so I have the tunes cranked and a glass would fit...
Quote: Originally Posted by clutterwarrior Today I have almost finished the job of matching plastic containers with lids...have tossed a heap that have no lids or are too old. You could just send them my way... I'm sure I have all the lids here! ~ My student loan/new school transfer stuff is figured out -- CHECK! ~ I've been hacking away at the basket full of papers to be filed...funny thing about papers is that they're so skinny. You...