or Connect

Posts by yummama

congrats! Thanks for sharing that in the caul pic--that is too cool!
WOW--people are so rude! I got so many comments last time that were completely rude or inappropriate, but I've been lucky to escape that this time. Although some guy did say to me last weekend (after hearing that my due date was 2 weeks away)..."Well, I hate to say this to you sweetheat, but you LOOK it...it does look like you've been able to avoid water retention, though". What? I had to laugh because it was just an observation, but such a funny one to share. Perhaps I...
yay! you sound ecstatic--so happy for you!
My husband is really hoping for a halloween baby! I wouldn't mind--that would mean the baby would share a birthday month with my daughter! We are invited to a "costume's encouraged" birthday party on saturday (for a friend's one year old) and I have absolutely no ideas for a costume. If I'm even pregnant then, finding normal clothing that fits me at all will be a challenge! None of my shirts cover my belly at this point.
This past weekend, I noticed that the baby really wasn't moving too much, which made me kind of worried...then I went to the chiropractor on Monday morning, and the baby has hardly stopped moving since then. The chiro appts. I go to are to attempt to turn the baby from posterior, so I believe that it was just the position the baby was in before the appointment that made it hard to feel as much movement or made the baby move less. I agree with others, though, that if your...
we had the same problem, except ours was definitely exposed to mold from our basement flooding earlier this year. I ended up trading it in a babies r' us for 25% off on a carseat...not exactly a great trade, but at least I got something for it. If you're not sure (ours had mold on the inner foam--it was too far gone), I would do a lot of sunning and spray with tea tree!
haha! With my DD, sex was the thing that FINALLY triggered labor to kick into full gear, but I don't credit it for starting labor. And then afterwards, I was really upset with myself for trying to rush things along. After a few hours of really hard back labor, I asked if I could take something to make it stop so I could go home and start over! Other things I tried: pineapple (from a can--didn't read very carefully I guess!), castor oil, spicy food, bumpy car ride,...
I started seeing a chiro. last week for help turning the baby (currently posterior). Apparently, there is a lot that chiropractic can help with in terms of turning. He is a huge fan of homebirth, and my MW rec. him--he has turned many babies for her clients. I am having three adjustments a week, and while I don't know yet of the baby has turned, I do feel fantastic! He did something that makes being massively pregnant much more comfortable. No more sore ankles and achy...
Wow--she looks so beautiful and strong! Congrats!
we loved GMD orange edge prefolds with our newborn dd with thirsties xs covers. great combo, no leaks. if you go with yellow edge right away instead (we bought 3 dozen of each GMD size because we know we want at least 4 kids...and she was our first), you could definitely buy just those and smaller covers (maybe thirsties duo in size one) and get by with that plus what you have. Or you could buy both orange and yellow and smaller covers all for under $200 (maybe 1 or 2...