or Connect

Posts by GinnyMama

Beautiful!  Thank you for this story.  It made me smile constantly.  My last birth was an attempted UC, and after being stuck in that primal, screaming transition for 16 hours, I got scared and went to the hospital.  I'm 33 weeks now with my third.  I can relate to not researching pain management techniques... I still read all the birth stories, but with full knowledge that mine probably won't be nice like that, and it probably won't be short, and it's probably going to...
Hello everyone! I have been reading through this and understand that you are a closely-knit group of people. I hope that I am welcome here and that I can learn more about you! I consider myself Pagan, but I truly have yet to understand what it is that *actual* Pagans believe... not Wikipedia. Lol! I'm hoping with all that is me that I am indeed Pagan, because I most definitely do not fit into any other form of religion. And I read a few posts back that someone...
I know very little about dementia, but I do have a question. You know your grandmother... what are the odds that she is doing this to get attention? That years ago, she began feeling left out, and realized somehow or another that if she acted this way then she would get attention for it? And then, years progress... perhaps she DOES get the early signs of dementia, maybe not, but either way, she is so used to lying and acting that way that she begins to think it is...
I've only read the original post, but absolutely reglardless... I would try for a VBAC. If we were talking about UBAC, it may be different, depending on your personal beliefs. But if you are in a hospital, if something should happen, then they have you covered. I was in the .5% risk of rupture, and yet I did. And I was UBACing. I was at home, and my uterus ruptured. I went to the hospital, and they gave me a section, and both my son and I are healthy and happy. ...
I've not read a whole lot of prior responses... But this thread makes me smile. Because that is exactly what this is about. I feel like... if you have it in your heart and your head that UC is the right thing to do, then the change has already taken place. Regardless of how the birth ends up, you already understand that in the vast majority of cases, birth is natural and wonderful, and spiritual and life-altering. Whether you decide to UC and end up having a...
I had an "unconfirmed" miscarriage at 7 weeks. Meaning that I knew when I ovulated, I knew I was pregnant, and then without medical confirmation, I miscarried at 7 weeks. I was not like a period, like I expected it to be. I felt very "pushy", compared to a period. I spent a week in our jacuzzi bathtub, basically. I would have a few hours where I felt pushy, and I would, and I'd pass big clots and blood. It lasted 10 days, I'd guess. I knew something was wrong...
All right... Well, this is one of the first posts I've written in the UC forum since I had my second baby, because I needed time to process. And reading all the responses in something this passionate is still beyond what I can emotionally handle, so I have not read any of your responses. I will just answer. This is very hard for me to describe, so bear with me... but the "I would have died" thing... well... it's really not applicable to an educated UC. It...
I have not read any of the previous responses (sorry! busy!), but I did not have the prenatal rhogam with my second at all, and I did get the after shot after the birth. They WILL need a sample of your baby's blood in order to give you the shot after the birth. So it was totally a lose-lose for me... either have an UC, then have to bring my brand new squiggly newborn into the hospital to get his foot stuck for a blood type check, or let him forgo that and not get the...
If I had to pick a position (I understand what you're saying, but the fact is is that it's not a "parenting" decision at all, and we know that), then it would definitely be number one. I've been thinking about this lately... I had a friendship absolutely fall apart because I told her I thought she was making a gargantuan mistake, by thinking about just "giving in" to her husband's adamance about circumcision. Then a bunch of my other friends jumped all over me, saying...
I just wanted to chime in... and say that I planned a UBAC for my second birth. I was in hard labour for 43 hours, and the last 16 of that was transition, and I ended up having a uterine rupture, in the hospital, obviously with another c-section. And despite having a traumatic first c-section, the second was wonderful... it took a long time to process it, but when I look back, it doesn't seem NEARLY as traumatic as my first birth. The reason my first was traumatic (in...