or Connect

Posts by Oliver's Mama

You're definitely supposed to avoid meds with pseudoephedrine, phenylephrine, and anything with alcohol.  cough drops are fairly benign.   As for robitussin and the like, they have dextromethorphan, which I find mixed info on.  I was told it's ok to take though, especially if the benefits outweigh the risk. For me, I was alone 24/7 with 2 kids having cough attacks that would leave me choking and gasping for air, so I felt anything that helped me from choking and passing...
I had a 3 week sinus infection and I really had to control my cough as dh was in the hospital for a week and well they don't like letting in visitors who are coughing! Anyways, I had great luck with honey. When I felt that a coughing attack was coming on, I took a huge spoonful of honey, then slowly sipped hot water and just let the honey coat my throat.   I just carried the little teddybear jar with me wherever I went.  I also was taking the very basic Robitussin that is...
  Since we're nearing the end, if you don't want to waste time/money, I've found the babiesrus maternity support belt to be sufficient for back or leg pain.  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10813242   now for the groin, like I have varicose veins down there now, I use this support strap that also goes between the legs.  yes... a jock strap for pregnancy. http://www.amazon.com/Its-You-Babe-V2-Supporter/dp/B00006D2R8/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_15 Ridiculous, yes, but...
everything listed above. As someone who currently lives in a townhome (me, dh, 2 little kids, and baby due next month) Our 2-bed townhome is misery. (about 950 sq ft as well)  We've simplified, but if you plan to have more than one kid, you need to make sure you'll have enough physical space for them to get their energy/sillies out.  I long for a home with a fenced in yard that I can just let the kids out into. Sure we have communal courtyard areas, but they're tiny...
count me in too. unfortunately, dh is rarely home so my anger gets taken out on the kids. They are indeed little rascals, but I feel bad at the end of the night when I look back and realize how mean and irrational I was.
my 2 boys wear almost the same size as well, so I only buy one size/style/color so there is absolutely no sock matching necessary. (one is 3, the other 5, socks stretch enough imo..)  they're all dumped in a drawer and every sock is every other sock's partner. This baby's a girl, so she's just getting one kind of sock, but obviously will be identifiable due to the adorably tiny size.  I hear there are also sock clips to attach pairs together when they go in the wash....
yesterday I starting having my first BH of this pregnancy, which caused me to really kick it into high gear. I guess since last time it started only a week before I went into labor.  I think I did like 5 loads of laundry and got the changing table all set.  Despite a winter storm on the way, today's errand is to buy a tricycle for ds2's birthday. Still  a month away, but I'm suddenly getting the feeling that I want everything done before March!
Babies!!!! oh my goodness, they look so precious. Congratulations to you and your new family, Cananny!
I think those beds are great; and when the baby's older, I'm sure your girls will love snuggling together on the bottom bed. We actually just did the opposite and lowered ds1's lofted twin.  When the baby's here I know there's going to have to be more unsupervised playtime (most toys are in the bedroom) and I can't trust 2 little boys not to jump/fly off the bed by their own free will, so down it goes, and away goes the under-bed toy storage. But better than broken bones...
What a beautiful show-off-the-bump dress!