or Connect

Posts by Oliver's Mama

I think one's level of "crunchiness"  really only applies to things you have the luxury to decide.  Your kids' health and safety, as well as your own sanity, should always lead your decision making first and foremost.  Not taking proper medical precautions with a triplet pregnancy, putting your family in a bad financial situation, and smushing your babies at night don't make you crunchy, they'd make you a questionable parent.  You're doing a great job x3, no doubt!  I...
Oh, I'll be biased because ds1 is Oliver.. great pick!!  In his  5 1/2 years we've only ever met 1 other Oliver.  Even though the charts suggest it's becoming more popular, I think it's a bit skewed sometimes since there's so much more variety in names nowadays.  (hence my screenname; I'm always referred to as "Oliver's mom", since he and his name are just that unique) The name has always brought up the image of a mischevious playful, free-spirited little troublemaker,...
I've been so preoccupied lately with family matters that I've been neglecting my pregnancy a bit and it just dawned on me today that my midwife mentioned the baby was transverse last week, and perhaps that's something I should be concerned about.  She gives me wretched kicking pains.. it seems very likely that she is indeed sideways.  But anyways, has anyone else dealt with that, and at what point do you start addressing it or doing any manipulation techniques? I'm 30...
Perfect... I was just thinking I need a list.  I feel so flustered and nothing's getting done.  Lots of repeats of your list! 1. potty train ds2 and solve ds1's poop accidents 2. buy a crib, mattress 3. wash all the baby stuff 4. buy a pump and a few bottles 5. review some breastfeeding books; it's been a while. buy one first 6. kegels and other stretches/exercises 7. perineal massage 8. start listening to some hypnosis cds 9. order some belly...
I was lucky and just had to make a phonecall to my midwife, but you may be able to get that taken care of at one of the little clinics at Walgreens or CVS.. check their website, I think they list what they'll do.   Yeah... I had to spend 6 hours in the ER with dh, 4 hrs of that waiting, and it was so so so so so so so gross.  with all the flu going around, I'd avoid it if you can! They were even handing out masks to the "healthy" people.
That sounds really miserable.  I was actually recently in the same boat, so I just enforced a really strict meal policy... we'll see how long I can go without caving! They're 3 and 5, so close to your boy.  just made it very clear that there are 3 meals a day and 1 afternoon snack; if they have a problem with that, they are in their room with the door shut.  and I'm FINALLY making my kids eat what dh and I eat... I'm so sick of cooking separate menus for everyone! I had a...
Does anyone else find their baby's movements to be quite painful?  I never had this problem with my first two, but this little girl has her arms/elbows just to the right of my belly button for the past month or two and she jabs and contorts them where there is no more extra skin to give way, and I actually yelp or shout sometimes, it hurts so bad.  The normal rumblings are fine, it's just when she moves in this one area, pushing out towards the surface.
I had used a convertable britax with both my boys, but this time I have a hand-me-down (safe and unexpired) Graco 32.  I've always been against the bucket seat concept, but since now I have two older kids, we're doing alot of in and out of the car, errands, bus stops, etc, and as much as I love babywearing, I need the option to let the baby sleep uninterrupted, since she no doubt will not be home for most naps. I did find this- a cushion for the carseat handle, and it...
Definitely tear-inducing. Thanks so much for sharing!
My baby's been going haywire... like I can barely go ten minutes without being beaten and kicked inside.  But, the past few weeks I've had a sinus infection, so I'm doing a ton of coughing and nose-blowing,  which makes my belly squeeze and shake, so I bet it stresses her out.   I guess I've always assumed that movement= good; I never thought of it meaning baby's in distress. I sure hope not.