or Connect

Posts by Oliver's Mama

Last night I had 3 straight hours of inreasingly uncomfortable cramps, which occasionally radiated into back pain.  Felt just like early labor. But, it slowed down after laying down for a while, so all's good.  36w2d, so I suppose I'm about into the "safe zone" of term.  I'd be happy for an early baby, but I'm still fighting a cold, so I don't know how I'd manage through labor if I can't even breathe well in normal situations at the moment!
oh, totally not an issue.  When you tell them (or they see for themselves) that you're pregnant they'll automatically say they'll wait til next time.  Unless there's an urgent life-or-death reason, it's not worth the risk to have unnecessary xrays ad holding off 6 months really won't make a difference.  You can always refuse services... or if you're uncomfortable, say your OB says no x-rays.
I say if craigslist is unsuccessful, then just donate.  If you do bother with a yard sale, you'll have to donate when it's over anyways, because likely not everything will sell.  I think saving up for a yard sale is like hoarding all over again and takes away that great feeling you get from clearing things out of your house. Plus the insult when what you once thought as quality and worth something is diminished to mere pennies by the yard sale hagglers, who usually end...
I'm guessing when I'm 38 weeks, which is March 24-30.  We only have like 4 or 5 other family birthdays that week.  But... the 29th is still free!  
Agreed.  It's so different when pain is serving a real purpose and most likely has a definitive, happy ending, like during labor. Even if the pain is technically worse, it's so much more tolerable when it's coming in waves and you have even 20 seconds inbetween to recoup.  Labor with ds1 was so intolerable even though I had an epidural, and I think it's because the pitocin created a 6-hour long contraction essentially, with not a single second of let-up.  With my natural...
I've got exactly one month til my due date (though I feel she'll likely be here in less than a month) and I really really hate that I'm not excited. My stress over my 2 boys is stealing what should be a happy time of anticipation and I just feel so resentful about it.  Not only have my boys turned into two little devils (All they do is fight, hurt eachother, and show complete disrespect toward me), but we've also been dealing with recurrent pink eye and other infections...
bumping this thread.   I have a 5 year old too.  What if I follow all the suggestions everyone has offered here but it still doesn't work.   I say, "let's wash our hands so we can have lunch" ds1's response: "NO!" hits me, then runs and hides where I can't reach him, and swats at me and thows things when I approach him.  It becomes physically unsafe for me to remove him, take him to a time out, or attempt to speak with him. I clearly told him once what we...
I've used the cheaper version, Summer Infant's Swaddle Pod... it's sold next to their popular swaddleme blankets.  I loved it, just like zipping the baby up in a peapod.  it kept my newborn's arms in and it stretched nicely, but with all swaddling products, every baby's different. the swaddlepod only comes in a newborn size, so probably after 10-12 pounds it won't work, but it's really for the early, just-out-of-the-womb days anyways..  Nice that you can check it out...
at a large family gathering at a restaurant, my grandmother-in-law asked me nice and loud for all to hear, "so how much weight have you gained so far?" it was strictly curiosity, she wasn't trying to imply anything bad about my size big or small.  but coming from someone who has struggled with their own weight you'd think she'd know better than to ask someone that!
how does that work; are you just looking for a pattern of what the moon was when previous children were born? I've never heard of a moon phase correlation.  interesting. I do recall gazing at a full moon while in the labor tub with ds2, and found it so peaceful and captivating.. and now as a toddler ds2 is just totally obsessed with the moon and always looking for it.