or Connect

Posts by Oliver's Mama

Quote: Originally Posted by caiesmommy We do very lil decorating but we do decorate...more for the seasons then anything Fall-wreath(that gets stored @ inlaws next door) -pumpkins, mums, gourds, corn stalks bought frm farmers markets(no storing!!!) -we make centerpieces and stuff out of what we find on walks Winter-wreath(again stored at inlaws) -homemade garland out of pine trees, and pine trees in ...
this is sad.. I thought I'd feel so good about my decision to become vegan. I feel so alone though, and not sure how I'll stick to it.. I don't have any friends/family who are vegan or vegetarian. dh won't talk to me about it.. all he said all week is, "isn't that a little extreme?" and my mom said, "what am I supposed to do, keep special food just for you on hand when we eat together?" (as I picked the cheese off a pizza she ordered for my pregnant sis who's craving...
thanks for the tips! luckily, I've managed to boost my supply, so it's really only an issue for the few feedings I miss while at work part time, and when out of the house for a while (he refuses to nurse out of the house). Just for giggles, could you tell me what kind of soy milk/brand has as much fat as whole (vitD) cows milk? All the ones I saw only have as much fat as low-fat (1% or 2%) cows milk.
Here's a neat trick I stumbled upon to force yourself to declutter: Like many this weekend in the midwest, our crawlspace/basement flooded, luckily we planned ahead of time and emptied it out, so nothing was damaged, but now, every single item that was tossed down there is in our tiny living room/kitchen, and will be for several days. That means, every time I need to use the staircase, put something in the garbage can, access the refrigerator, etc, I must stumble over...
I'm new to this.. what's D3?
thanks for sharing your story! It's only been a few days, but it's going alright. At first I freaked out about what I was going to eat and stuff. Cheese was always my fave food, it went on EVERYTHING! But today, I'm doing well, and I feel so good knowing that I haven't contributed to the exploitation/killing of an animal. I think the animals were testing me too.. some funny bug was flying around me today and landed on my lap.. typically, I would smash it, but instead, I...
I'm diving into a vegan lifestyle, "cold turkey", so to speak.. anyways, it's quickly bringing up other issues, like household items with animal products, what my cat is eating, and what ds, 1 year, is eating. I'm bf-ing, but not quite enough to satisfy his thirst. I had been giving him whole cows milk, but I cringe at the idea of a baby calf's poor mama having to feed my baby instead My doc said no soy milk for him, and anyways, I haven't seen any soy milk that has...
I met a very nice girl the other day, who I soon found out was a vegan, and she told me a bit about it.. all of a sudden I'm fascinated by this, and am considering it, but not quite sure how to approach it. Anyone willing to share their experiences on how they first transitioned to a vegan lifestyle, or direct me to a thread that does, or a good book? I've always felt uncomfortable with consuming/wearing any kind of animal product, but since I have trouble keeping a...
I totally understand.. Unfortunately, my only solution is to declutter when he's not home, and load it all into the car before he returns. Luckily, he is NOT one bit observant, so he doesn't realize that I take a carload to goodwill every other week! If it do declutter and he knows it, I don't focus on the fact that I got rid of stuff, but point out, "look, now you can actually do work on your desk, and now you can actually but a paper into the filing cabinet, and...
We had a lovely 7-foot prelit tree. Well, we still have it, but can't use it, because of a naughty cat, and toddler like yours. Last year, we went to Kohls and got a little table-top tree for like $20. I couldn't stand not having a tree, and this way, we can keep it up high on a table or counter. I'm torn about getting rid of the bigger tree (what if we can use it again someday.... ) but as we hope to have more kids, and the cat still has nine lives, it may be a while. ...