or Connect

Posts by mokpochica

Well, we only have a full bed and limited space in our little condo. We had a co-sleeper next to the bed in the beginning. DH basically gave me the bed to myself in the beginning, so I would put the babies in the co-sleeper and when I fed them I would sometimes keep one in the bed with me. At about 3 months I decided to try and move them to their own room because I missed my husband. To our surprise, the girls slept better in their own room. I think I am a noisy sleeper...
My local club is large and I think that the woman in it have very varied personalities and parenting styles. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get to know many of them extremely well, but there are a lot of great activities for parents and kids that they sponsor. We got a lot of great meal support when the twins were first born. Our club also has 2 nice mom to mom sales a year which are great for buying and/or selling your stuff. I live in a pretty crunchy town, so...
I followed the advice of hospital lactation consultants and switched the girls to a different side every 24 hours. One they were about 10 months old, I started to switch them at every feeding because of course they were feeding a lot less at that point. Kristi
Heather--I'm a little jealous too. We just found out we are having one this time and my husband and I are both relieved, but both of us also secretly loved the idea of having boy/boy twins this time around. We have plenty of love to have twins again, but it would have been hard financially. Kristi
Hi christy! I am the person from the other board and I would appreciate any information about experiences any of you might have had with a VBAC after twins. I was induced with my twin pregnancy at 38 weeks and ended up never having any strong contractions. My twins were born by C-section 26 hours after induction and weighed in at 6 lbs 5 ounces and 7 lbs 15 ounces. I was told that I was unable to go into strong labor because my uterus was very stretched out (which I...
Hello all! I stumbled upon your forum after finding a supportive poster on the VBAC board at babycenter (thanks Christy!). I'm excited to make my way around the site and benefit from all of your knowledge and experiences. Kristi
I was one of those moms who had never thought I might have twins and when I found out at my 20 week ultrasound I freaked out and all I could say was 'oh no!'. When I was pregnant and people said to me 'I always wanted to have twins--2 for the price of one (pregnancy)' I sometimes felt really annoyed because it was a lot of stress to be working full time and have doctors tell me I should quit my job early in order to not go into pre-term labor when I knew I couldn't for...
Birth Story of my fraternal girls twins born via C-section on 3/29/07 Haneul and Iseul were born on March 29th at 1:03 and 1:07 p.m. via C-section. Haneul weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces and Iseul weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces. Haneul was 18.5 inches long and Iseul was 20 inches long. They look quite different, so we were sure that they were fraternal. I was induced on March 28th with pitocin when I was 38 weeks along with both babies looking good for a vaginal birth being both...