or Connect

Posts by Nurturing Mama

I think you should respond the same way you responded here. You don't want a crib because you don't need one and don't really have room for one. I would also add that you are your son's parents, and the sleeping arrangements in your family aren't up for discussion : Easier said than done, I know, but really it's none of her business. If you feel she would be responsive, you could try to educate her on co-sleeping. You could explain how you ensure that your son's...
Quote: I think we should plan a bra-in. We should all get in our bras and panties and stand in front of the store posing and pouting. Let's see how long it takes the security guards to say something. Then we can kindly point out how hypocritcal it is. Who's with me You are a genius! I could never be that bold, though, and the comments I would get would probably be hurtful . I love the idea though! Carrie
I can't speak to this issue as a parent, but my husband is a bi-racial adult. My husband's mother is Japanese, and she didn't spend a lot of time teaching him Japanese traditions, nor did she teach him the language or religion. Like you, she raised her children as Americans first. I don't think this has caused any confusion in my husband. He sees himself as an American, just like me. Unless you live in a community where there are many people who share and...
If you haven't already bonded in four years of marriage to your husband, then it seems to me that her motive is fear. It sounds like she's afraid she won't be able to see your kids once your husband is away. I'd probably feel a little resentful, too. That said, I would probably try to convince myself that her intentions are positive, and that she wants to get to know you better and spend time with you. Carrie
1. Why do you cosleep? We enjoy being together as a family. My son especially needs the security of knowing that we are close at night, and I love that he never wakes up scared. 2. How long do you plan to cosleep? At what age do you think a child should be in their own bed? Until my son is ready to sleep in his own bed. I don't think there is an age where children should be in their bed. Every child is different. 3. How many are sleeping in your bed now, what...
That's really scary. I would have said something. I'm glad you were right there, keeping your child safe. Carrie
Quote: Originally Posted by dallaschildren This is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever seen here. I guess only poor white folk abuse their kids, right? Apparently.
I know this is OT to Wal-Mart, but again with the stereotype... Quote: Originally Posted by DebraBaker People with, ahem, poor parenting skills that fill a certain steriotype that may offend people behaving in a manner that reinforces the steriotype. If you know what I mean. Sorry, I live in a wealthy suburb and don't get to see this on a regular basis so I associate this public display with certain socioeconomic groups even though I tell myself it's...
Quote: Was it all of the trailer trash families abusing their kids? Nice. Real nice. Last I checked people aren't trash.
Marsupialmuma, I didn't mean to contradict what you were saying, and your posts have given me alot to think about, as I don't know what it's like to have a five year old. I was only agreeing with Mami, that I wouldn't want to dismiss the boy's behavior. I probably could have worded it differently, and now when I go back and read what I wrote, it does sound like I was sort of ridiculing what you said. I wasn't. I'm with you on a child's right to his or her natural...