or Connect

Posts by Nurturing Mama

I don't think I would assume that the boy is making everything up for attention, either. I am disgusted by the child's fear of getting hit for getting hurt. Hiding under a table?? That poor child! I probably wouldn't report the situation, not yet anyway. I think getting close to the mom and the boy and being a positive influence is an excellent idea As far as explaining his behavior to your son, my son is only 2 so I don't have a lot of experience with 5 year...
I'm interested. I don't know how long I would last on another board, though, because CIO makes me ill. Carrie
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I realize this is a touchy issue. We talked about it some more, and we both are okay with him owning it, but keeping it somewhere else, like a childless friend's house or, more likely, a safety deposit box. Thanks for that idea, I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. Quote: Why a gun ? Has he considered Brinks? Huh? Was that supposed to be helpful? Insulting one's spouses intelligence is not a very good...
Ugh. My husband works with a man who just retired from the police force and is selling one of his guns. My husband has said on and off that he would like to own a gun, but I have always been able to dissuade him, but now the opportunity is there and it is happening soo fast, we haven't really been able to discuss it. Yesterday my husband told me that the guy was selling a gun, today the guy brought it into the office to show it to my husband, and my husband said on...
I'm sure the lucky folks at the library have probably flipped them all back by now, anyway. Carrie
My mom and I made a bunch of felt shapes for my son by tracing the outlines of cookie cutters. She also had a bunch of odd stencils and some very thing wooden, crafty shapes (like a house, a pumpkin, etc.) that she picked up at a craft store for around 50 cents each. I may try printing images on transfer paper and transferring to felt. It would be nice to have some shapes with pictures on them of what they are. Carrie
I just tried it. I peed all over myself : . At least I was in the shower. Carrie
Take heart, it will come with time. I graduated from college 6 1/2 years ago. I couldn't so much as pick up a book for 3 or 4 years after that, and I have only in the last six months started to feel that love for learning again. My son is almost three, and I keep thinking to myself that there are so many things that I don't know...I better start learning if I plan on teaching him. And I am actually enjoying learning. I don't think it should take that long for most...
I'm sorry, I don't have any idea what could be wrong with your daughter, but I couldn't read this and not offer some support. I'm so sorry you're going through this and I hope she will be back to her normal self soon. Carrie
It is just pigment, it isn't raised. My son even saw a pediatric ophthamologist a few times for a blocked tear duct, and I am kicking myself for not asking him about it. Although he may not have known anything about it. It seems information on it is really scarce. USAmma, I can understand you feeling sad when your daughter's Mongolian spots began to fade. I know I will be sad, too, when my son's begin to fade. To me, it's like the last "baby" thing about him, and...