or Connect

Posts by bsideu4ever

We just moved back on island, and live in Manoa. I am definitely interested! I have a 3.5 year old daughter and a little one on the way (sept). My daughter attended a nature based outdoor kindie in CA and we fell in love with it! It was all waldorf based. If you have space we would love to be a part of your group
Hi! We have been in Irvine for almost a year now, and LOVE South Coast Farms in SJC. We do CSA through them, all certified organic, and they have drop offs in Irvine as well. We had a hard time finding organic produce at the UCI farmers market, but we do buy beef from a local farmer there.
redmach03--- I'm sooooooo happy for you!!! Lori is an amazing woman, with such a passion for birth. Did you by chance go with Tammy as your doula? I had both of them at my birth, and they make up one heck of a team...I love them both!!
I hired Lori for my homebirth in November 08. Madeleine came to help out during my birth. I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about the two of them. My husband was in the Navy stationed at Pearl. I went to Makalapa for prenatal care until about 20w. They were pushing me to schedule a cesarian due to daughters size, so I quit seeing them, and went to Lori for everything. Tricare will not cover any of it. We paid the $2500 out of pocket, and believe me, it was...
I had a homebirth in Hawaii, and could not get Tricare to cover any of it. So we paid out of pocket. There was NO way I was going to give birth at the MTF...it was horrible!!!
I tried it for 5 days straight, ALL DAY LONG!!!! It did nothing at all! My DD came when she was ready, at almost 42 weeks.
My husband was in the military at the time DD was born. I knew without a doubt that I didn't want to give birth in that hospital! We watched Business of Being Born together, and that is what pushed us to do it. It was my birth, and it is a day that I will never forget for the rest of my life. I wanted it to be a positive experience, and if that meant spending $2500 on it, then that's what I was going to do! And it was the BEST decision I have ever made!!
We do CSA through South Coast Farms in San Juan Capistrano. They have several drop off homes throughout Orange County. And we buy our beef from 5 Bar Beef in Trabuco Canyon. He also sells at the Laguna Hills and UCI farmers market, and I think he delivers as well. His beef is AMAZING!!!! It took us almost a year of being out here before we found him.
I ordered my daughter one from www.bamboletta.com. We just got her in the mail, and she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! My daughter is one as well, and wants to take her everywhere she goes. It melts my heart!
I got mine back the day before DD turned 10 months. She is EBF...I was hoping to go at least a year!!