or Connect

Posts by thomatuttle

How did you find out about autmngrey's baby? I had no idea!
Flavorful--I hear you on it being nice to have the help, but also feeling like a watched pot! It's great having my mom here to help and clean and cook, etc. but I'm constantly getting questions from her and DH asking if I'm feeling anything or have any ideas on DS' arrival time. For those with kids, do you remember feeling different before you actually went into labor? With DD, I don't really remember feeling any different. DH says that I felt differently but the only...
Yay for hopefully another baby announcement soon! I haven't seen any mucus for a few days now which in my position is a good thing. I think this little guy knows that mommy needs to be around for his sister for a few more days before he makes his debut. At least I hope he does! Can't wait to hear how everything's going!
Well, unfortunately no breaks in our household yet! Spent a few hours in the ER with DD in the middle of the night. She had a fever and her feet were swollen and it was turning her toes blue. They drew some blood to make sure that it wasn't something more serious and then had to do it again because the damn lab dropped her vile of blood and broke it! They're saying that they want us to say no to the cillin family of drugs until we can officially get her tested for the...
So, DD definitely has hives. This morning it was so bad that her eyes were almost swollen shut. No one got much sleep last night. The oatmeal bath and coconut oil helped soothe her skin for a while so she did sleep a little. She came and 'slept' with us from about 2-3:30 went back to her own bed, woke up again around 4:30 and DH rocked her a while and then she 'slept' with my mom from about 5 until she came in and woke me up around 7:30. Also had to deal with DH having...
Chiro--what is it again that your DH does? I hope that you guys have a resolution to his work situation soon!! I'm jealous of you all with steam cleaners and what not! I think it probably would gross me out though to see dirty water constantly no matter how often I cleaned! We have a Dyson Vacumn which we love, but it's kind of gross because even if I vacumn everyday the canister is always full. Well, my FIL is still in the hospital for observation but he is doing so...
Wow! Congrats! Can't wait to hear the official announcement and birth story.
Congratulations and happy birthday to you both! What a beautiful name!
Christy--is there a dental school anywhere near you? My BIL has really bad teeth and needed a TON of work done and he had no insurance. He ended up driving 3 hours away to the nearest dental school for all of the work, and while he still had to pay a lot of money, he probably paid a fraction of the amount he would have had to pay at the regular dentist. Just a thought to help with the overall cost. My mom came in last night, so that's good! It means my house will be a...
chiro--i definitely hear you about having a stranger at the birth.  with DD, my ob was away at his daughter's cross country meet so i got the on-call doctor.  thankfully, he was the doctor of a friend of mine and i had heard good things about him from her.  this time around, i may be missing my doctor again!  i am due at the end of spring break and he will be out of town because it is also his kids spring break.  hopefully i'll have DS within the next few days so that my...