or Connect

Posts by Plarka

I'm American but living abroad and looking to move back.  I'm trying to figure out the cost of living to see if my husband could get a job to support us (we homeschool).  A friend in Florida has offered to let us stay with her till we get our feet on the ground, and I'm not sure if grocery costs vary from state to state, but a friend in NY said if I'm really frugal I could do all groceries for $650/mo (which sounds sooooo high to me!!) and my Florida friend says $400/mo....
Wow, thank you so much for all that info!  So, with little kids around and a scattered brain, is it possible to do all that you said, I mean remember to clean under toaster and microwave, etc etc etc?  I pretty much never ever do that where I live, and don't have to, but if I was in Florida would the threat of those creatures keep me from forgetting maybe?  Do you remember to do all that?  
We're thinking of moving to Brandon!  We live in England, I'm American and want to move back to the US, and I have a friend in Brandon inviting us to stay with her until we get on our feet.  I'm wondering what it's like there. We homeschool, are there many homeschoolers or crunchy families around? 
I was talking to a friend who lives in Florida, because we're thinking of maybe moving there.  A couple things she said got me thinking.  She said her kids spend every minute of every day swimming in their pool, which I thought sounded awesome.  What lucky kids!  She also mentioned when we talked about living costs that you need to get your house sprayed for insects every month, or she buys it herself and does it.     So then I got thinking, how good is it really to...
Just wondering, are we allowed to put a link to our shop and facebook page in our signature?
Wow, it's good to know I'm not alone!  She nurses laying down in bed, not to sleep exactly, but almost.  I unlatch her and then she snuggles up to me and falls asleep.  Then when I know she's asleep I sneak away!  If I've been out at bedtime, which is like once or twice, she just falls asleep really late in the living room.  She won't be put to bed by anyone else I don't think.  Whatever.  I'm always here anyway.   Just hearing someone say, 'hang in there, it won't...
I just did my first few fairs this Christmas season and didn't do as well as I had hoped!  I did ok, but after I take out the fee for the table and the petrol, it wasn't really worth it for me.  That's probably because I make the toys myself and it takes hours and is really hard physical work!  For you it might be more worth it since you're buying wholesale, right?      I'm going to stick to selling online, I do well enough there.     I started in January, so...
I'm in the UK!  I make wooden toys.  I find that having a business Facebook page is really really helpful.  I've got a nice fan base there now.  What are you selling?  What's your business called?  I'm Little Woodlanders, you can check out my facebook page if you want!  https://www.facebook.com/LittleWoodlanders   I'm also trying to use Twitter but don't use it as much as Facebook.  Maybe I haven't cracked it yet, but facebook gives me more of a two way thing with my...
My daughter is 2years 10 months and nurses to sleep, when she wakes up in the morning, and then lately the only time in the day is late afternoon when she's tired.  But the nursing to sleep one is where I'm feeling resentful.  I want to get her to be able to fall asleep herself, which her sister did from probably 18 months.   OR should I just try and chill out, stop thinking about the things I want to be doing, and let her continue to nurse to sleep? I just lay there...
I'm from Ulster County but I've been living in the UK the last 11 years.  I'd like to move back but want to be a bit further from my family for various reasons, so am thinking of Greene County, or up there somewhere?  I want space, privacy, woods, grass, trees, and it would be super nice to have like minded friends, you know, breastfeeding, cloth diaper type people.  I know there are those types near my parents in Ulster County- New Paltz, Woodstock, etc, but how about...