or Connect

Posts by curious&eager

Crazy to say the two most obvious early signs for me are eating like crazy and lots of stinky gas.  Of course the chart and the rise in temps is a give away, but even before I miss my period both times I've been pregnant, I've ate up a storm and wondered if I needed to go on a diet, and then the gas.  Afterwards tiredness and ill-likeness set in fast too.  
Thanks milosmama.   That's great to hear.  I'm with Kaiser Gwinnett, what Kaiser are you with?  Oh, nevermind, I see you are in Douglasville, so we do have different doctors.  I'm going to look into the ICAN boards to see if anyone has an experience with the Gwinnett midwives at Kaiser.  They do seem nice, some more flexible than others with the rules, but all seems totally ok and supportive of my natural birth.
I would love to have a homebirth and I'd be interested to know who you used.  I emailed a place here in Lilburn with Kay, but they wanted over $3000 for the birth.  I stay home full time and my husband earns very little so our money is super tight and there is no way I can afford that.  I have medicaid and Kaiser insurance, so my birth will be $0 which is a lot more doable.  I just have to hire a doula to help me have the best experience I can at a hospital I don't...
I tired of buying my potty training son disposables.  He knows he can go in his diaper and keep on playing, so that's what he does.  He can go potty on the potty when asked.  I want him to wear cloth so he'll be more uncomfortable and hopefully stop peeing in his diaper so much.  He used to go potty all the time, now he seems to be deciding that he really likes diapers.  I want to end this and switch over to cloth.  But, I've never done cloth.  The training pants that...
Ayb922- Wow, good to know. I thought they were more family friendly. I've never been away from my son for any lenght of time. He knows me. I could not imagine him seeing me in pain during labor and then having to leave him somewhere. He would be so scared and confused. As it is right now, my husband may leave me in the hospital the night after the baby is born since my son isn't allowed to stay overnight just so he at least has one parent with him. Yes, a I'm due...
I did finally get approved for real for Medicaid, but now that I'm approved, I'm still scared that somehow I'll get in trouble and be billed if I don't see Kaiser.  I've had a surprisingly good experience with Kaiser so far, so I think I may after all just have to stay with them and not risk Medicaid billing me which I've heard they can do.  Financially, that's too great of a risk for me.  I'm still not exactly sure my decision, but that's what I'm leaning towards. ...
I think I tried Shettles for a few cycles and didn't get pregnant.  Then I tried every day up of mucus until O day and I'm now pregnant with my girl :)
I think being my second, I can stand up for myself and fight on the few issues that I would need to fight.  Three of the five midwives in the group say their job is to fight with me.  The other two are all for natural birth but see the rules more are rules, like the baby has to have a bath in the nursery.  That's my biggest issue is them taking away for the baby for an hour plus for the bath shortly after birth.  But the other midwives say that they have seen the the...
Feel free to P.M. me if you are interested.  I had my first birth with ISIS at North Fulton, so I already know I love Margaret and Anjili.  Now though with my second I've been seeing some other midwives, but I trust Intown Midwifery so much more.  I can't decide whether to switch though because I hate driving downtown.  I hate all things about downtown.  I do like that where I am now, the office is 5 minutes away and when I have a 10:50 appointment, I'm seen at 10:50...
My midwife at Kaiser said if I say no, I can keep the baby with me.  I was also surprised to see that she supports tandem nursing.  I'll probably stay at Gwinnett Medical so at least I can give birth with people I've met.  I just plan on hanging out at home for until as close to the end as I can.