or Connect

Posts by OceanDoula

Shared on my facebook :-)
As a family we do many of the tips you suggest and some of our own. I would like to remind myself and my family to make community, get to know our neighbours, farmers, grocers etc.. I would also like to make more art and music with my family.
My family have made many changes: homemade cleaners, no-shampoo hair cleaning, reducing packaged foods/good, homemade gifts/food, shop at farmers market and much more and because of our lifestyle changes we enjoy life more. Shared on FB
Wow, I don't even know where to start.... I live on a dead end street and we were for five years the only family on the street with kids, until about a month ago. A family with three children moved in a few houses down from us about a month ago.  The kids are ages 5, 7 and 14. My son (almost 9) was so excited to have playmates in the neighborhood and of course began immediately to play with them. Thats when the trouble started, at first it was swearing, then flipping the...
When my son was a few weeks old I was at a mom and baby group and he needed to be changed but the washroom was being used so I pulled out a changing pad and began to change him on the sofa. I had just laid the fresh diaper under his bottom when the poop began to spray. To keep the poop from getting all over the sofa I did what any good mom does I put my hand over his butt. Both my son and I were covered with poop but not a drop landed on the sofa. Thank goodness the mom...
My big boy has been falling asleep in his own bed and staying there for almost a week now, Yay! He still calls for me in the middle of the night and on some nights I've had to go to him and others all I've had to do is call back to him that I'm right across the hall and he goes right back to sleep.   We have always had a bed time routine that consisted of bath, brushing teeth, a chapter or two of a book and some cuddles but to his routine I've let him watch a 30...
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Last night was a better night (hope I'm not jinxing myself). He fell asleep in his bed and stayed there all night although, I did have to go to him in the middle of the night although, I am hoping that once he gets used to falling asleep on his own that will become less of a problem. I think that persistance will be the key to our success.
I am needing some gentle suggestions on how to get my cosleeping eight year old son to sleep in his own bed by himself all night. At the moment he has to fall asleep in my bed then I carry him to his bed when he is in a deep sleep. If he wakes in the middle of the night I go to him and lay with him until he falls asleep again, sometimes I can leave his bed and return to my own but more often than not I am with him for the remainder of the night. He has coslept with me...
You could decoupage baby's foot prints onto the cast and then cover with a clear finish. Make sure the foot prints won't run when you put on the clear finish first. Hope this helps
My 17 yo DD is getting a mama made scarf, pj's, bath stuff, a set of dishes for her hope chest, and something from Santa (to be determined). 15 yo DD is getting a mama made scarf, pj's, bath stuff, learn how to play guitar book, and something from Santa (to be determined). 6 yo DS is getting a mama made waldorf doll and sling (his request), pj's, Alphabet lacing cards (mama made) and from Santa he will be getting a microscope. If any one has suggestions for gifts...