or Connect

Posts by nathansmum

Oh, is that hand, foot, mouth one? I really sympathise, my DS had it when DD was born and I was really hypervigilant about keeping them separate (fortunately I didn't have the breastfeeding issue to contend with) - I didn't let DS kiss his new baby sister for a few weeks :( . It's an issue in regards to a heart condition isn't it - and only in newborns? I was also concerned about faecal contamination since they shared cloth diaper inserts so was able to just put DD in...
Did the oatmeal bath work?   Baking soda bath is another one to try.        
Sounds normal to me based on my experience. My DS lost his first one 1mth before his 7th birthday (had been wiggly for about 6mths). Then he quickly lost another 3. It took 9mths for the 1st one to even start to grow in (let alone drop down fully)! Then the others followed suit shortly after. He's been losing his other ones consistently since then. From what I understand, the later they lose them, the better it actually is for the jaw and for teeth to have more space. My...
Lay them out in the sunshine all day.  If the fabric is just old, it may just never go white again though (mine started to look greyish towards the end).
A lot of info I have sourced is through Dr Carolyn Dean's website, she writes a lot of articles on magnesium and the ways of getting it. I can't recall off the top of my head which is the best (we aren't supplementing with it atm). Her book The Magnesium Miracle is where I got the hot porridge recipe from. I used to make a large batch once a week in my crockpot and freeze into portion sizes. I used to slow cook the seeds/nuts in with the porridge (then you get the...
Lynn, can you crush it and sprinkle it into/onto food? I'd also look into food sources if those are tolerated - nuts, seeds, gluten free grains - I made a gluten free porridge in my crockpot (using millet and quinoa) along with the seeds and nuts. Re the bath, any soaking is better than none, but I know you could do it every day if you wanted (the body will only take what it needs). There are also magneium oils available that can be rubbed in (you'd probably need to buy...
Here in New Zealand we have an official early childhood education organisation called Playcentre. It is essentially a free play alternative to more structured centres. (Although, my DS went to a kindergarten/daycare at one stage that was very unschooling as well, in fact, most are in NZ until the children hit around 4.5 when they start prepping them for school). There are no set eating times, there are 6 areas of play set up every day for the kids to roam to and be at...
My son had tics (between 5-6) and I came across some research that suggested supplementing with Magnesium. I also had him soak in epsom salt baths several times a week (they are magnesium and the body absorbs what it requires), as well as upping his dietary magnesium via foods. I did find that this helped, and quite quickly. His tics were only minor (facial grimace, eye rolling), but it certainly did the trick.   HTH
I have some photos on my blog. Here are my herb posts... Probably need to scroll down to find the garden pics.   http://satisfying-journey.blogspot.com/search/label/herbs    
Every one or two weeks for our bed. The kids' beds maybe every 3-4 weeks.