or Connect

Posts by nathansmum

Yep, I gave my son paper to tear up at that age. He was just so busy with how everything worked/unpacked/opened/closed. THere were things that I just let go on (unstacking my bookshelves, all his clothing drawers, unfolding all the diapers (not so much joy for me!)), but I redirected as needed.   Are there construction type toys that you could redirect him to? Building blocks, wooden train tracks that are not limited to single-track use (my son eventually moved on to...
How about a dahl? My Hari Krishna recipe book has dahl, and they don't cook with garlic. It's pretty tasty.   Or a brown lentil dish with a tin of tomatoes, some vege stock for flavour (ensuring it meets the requirements), add some greens, carrots and slow cook.   Both of these can be served over rice.     Has anyone read Robin Rose Bennett's book Healing Magic: Green Witch guidebook? I'm just starting it, seems quite a nice read so far.   Have been starting to experiment...
You know, we used to unschool until a few months ago. My dd was curious to try school, so we did. She slotted right in and really enjoyed it. A month later my ds (who is older) found he was then lonely and we lost our spark. So he started too and also is enjoying it and completely happy there. We're just taking things day by day. I see school as an extension of our unschooled life (it's child led afterall) and we are still the same family, doing the same things when we...
I was to suggest a short bit in the dryer should help. I never had a dryer, so just dealt with crunchy cloth. I did notice a few times though, if you remove them from the line as they are "just" dry rather than baking in the warmth they tended to be softer too (or maybe on more humid days they would retain a little moisure to keep their softness).
I came across this cool website last week which allows you to plan out your garden. It then gives you instructions on when to sow the seeds. I reckon it's based on the square foot gardening method and high-yield (ie close planted).   If you pick any of the garden types, then there is a button to customise/edit garden. Drag the veges that you want to plant into the boxes and it does it all for you and gives you the instructions.If nothing else, it's fun lol.
Blessings all!   I am resubbing to this thread and hope to keep up and contribute! I haven't had an online forum to "chat" in for over a year now (aside from random posts here on MDC), so hoping to reconnect with similar minded people.   I have been travelling the pagan path with intention for a couple of years now and finally feel that this year is the year when I connect with others instead of walking on my solitary journey.   I'm in New Zealand and went to...
I personally don't think those behaviours are feminine. He sounds a lovely nurturing and caring wee boy (I figured my son was like that because he has a daddy who has been a good role model on caring for children). My son isn't the rough type. At almost 8 he'll play role-play games with his younger sister and they feed and dress the dolls (less so as he gets older). He's certainly all "boy" though and will play "boy" games too, climb trees, hoon around on his bike, build...
My doctor also tends to be comfortable for ear infections to run their course. My kids also get fevers as they are fighting an infection (they have only had a couple of infections each).   Things I also do...homeopathy - generally Pulsatilla is the remedy I use. I also make garlic oil and drip it into the ear and let it sit for 10mins or so. I have also used colloidal silver dripped in the ear (used as an alternative, not for the same infection). All have worked for...
Even though I no longer use shampoo, I still BS/ACV every 3 days or so when it starts to get greasy. I haven't really tried to go longer and this routine suits me fine. I've been doing it this way for 4yrs now.   I did find there was a bit of a nasty greasy period in around week 6 which took a bit of perseverence!
I find a carb-heavy lunch really gives me a slump period.   The other thing to check out is Adrenal Fatigue (afternoon slump is one of the key symptoms).