or Connect

Posts by nathansmum

Yeah, mould is an issue without any circulation (all that damp from body heat) - I recall my parents having this issue.   I wanted a lowered bed at one stage years ago, so I removed the legs from the bottom of the box base and banged on small blocks underneath to provide a bit of ventilation and had no problems.
I would love to do this - part of me would love it as a family thing, but equally, in my dream world I'd take a year out and travel on my own that would be pretty cool too. Internationally would be just awesome! Was just googling and found an article on the top 10 WWOOFing spots lol.
I bluetac some things to shelves, have bookshelves bracketed to the walls (and free standing wardrobes). Heavy TVs are a hazard - particularly to babies or small children. Then we do the usual emergency preparedness - 1/2 tank petrol, first aid kits, water/food and other supplies. Having accessable torches and shoes if a big one occurred in the night.   Other than that, nope. DH and I did discuss an earthquake plan today though if either of us were out with the...
I have a friend who has always given me hand-me-downs for DD. She told me in the beginning to just keep what I wanted and hand on/donate the rest - so that's what I do, with no guilt about needing to use things I don't really want to dress my dd in. Occasionally I'll give her something surplus from my vege garden, or make her DD a cute bag or something. There is no expectation, and it's just a little gesture to say thanks. She knows I appreciate the stuff, and I think...
  Yes, I agree with GearGirl as well. I have one child that runs hot and just doesn't seem a lot of warm clothes. I tend to layer him in maybe 2 thin layers (and will often unzip his hoodie as well!). If it's windy then he's more likely to be chilly, but still cool weather, nope he doesn't get cold. He's too busy being active I think. He doesn't like wearing thick wool sweaters or thermal wear as he gets too hot. I've had many a "discussion" with well-meaning friends...
Another buddhist pagan here too! I don't belong to any organised groups for either, but have done a lot of reading over the years. Buddhism spoke to me first, and then a few years ago I added paganism. I too see the two paths walking side by side - and it comes easy to me I think because I practice in a solitary way, so I take from the readings/rituals what I want. Within my pagan beliefs I don't believe in the gods/goddesses as such - I am a panthiest - so nature/earth...
I got Cory Doctorow for two different pieces of writing. One was a long Facebook PM, and another was a blog post. With both they were run-on writing with no paragraphs, so I wonder if that was why?
Generally I follow my path intuitively and seeing the gains and positive flow of life. However, mid-last year I started to feel a bit unsettled, unsure and bored, and started questioning the direction I have been heading. This includes my marriage, kids being homeschooled, potential career alongside homeschooling, and friendships.   I think in hindsight I've been having a bit of a mid-life crisis, but not sure where to from here. I think my intuition is telling me...
I stop whenever I feel the need to. I don't like doing it, but yeah, too many other books I do want to be reading and spending my time on.
My DS was very much like this too. Bookshelves, drawers, toy boxes - everything! I figured to a degree it was developmental (still drove me nuts lol) and eventually it did slow down.   He is still prone to tossing or dumping though at almost 8! But, he is also very creative in what he uses in his imaginative play (like, will rustle through this box and that box and use them in combination). He knows at any time where something is stored, or what bits belong to what...