or Connect

Posts by jmarroq

My daughter was preemie and had a lot of digestion issues all her life...lots of acid and tummy aches. Weird x-rays at birth showed a mass which they thought was air and it eventually disappeared. It was in the area of her esophogus behind her heart. To this day, major tummy aches and pukes in her mouth. She is 6. Only thing they came up with was IBS (which I don't really buy). Did the invasive testing...didn't show any allergies or chronic GERD or anything. I am going...
Ok, this is very private, but I feel a need to express this...perhaps others are in the same boat. My husband and I began sleeping separately on a regular basis soon after my son was born. Actually, it started happening when I moved in with him, before we were married. I was really weird about noise. I had earplugs, but I could still hear him, and feel him moving around, so I guess out of courtesy, he would sometimes go to the other room to watch TV and fall asleep...
Ok, I had a boy who was very stubborn about this too. He had all sorts of developmental delays, like speech too. Fine motor was always a challenge, so the wiping and getting dressed part was a problem. For him, one day it just clicked. That's how he is about everything else too. Some stuff came on time, other stuff came incredibly late. He was peeing in potty pretty well by 3 1/2 and pooping by about 4. Some of the things I tried were:   Videos. Bear in the big blue...
The lazy thing doesn't concern me that much. I feel that if he cleaned up his act with the other stuff, his motivation would pick up as well. He sounds pretty selfish, but for the sake of the kids, I wouldn't call it quits yet. I would try counseling. Many employers have EAP programs where you can get it for free...usually 5 visits per "issue". After that, benefits can kick in, usually with a copay. To me, it seems most people, especially men like my husband, get their...
I would email the teacher. She can see if the lunch staff can seat her at a different table. It may be too late, because the pack mentality...early stages of bullying, have already kicked in. The other kids are already teasing, but it really seems like she was the main problem, since there were other issues. She seems to have it out for him, or for everyone in general. Probably not an ideal home situation going on there.   I would maybe pack lunches that don't smell...
I know this has been going on for a long time with pies in the face or dunk tanks, etc. It still seems pretty disrespectful, no matter what it is that they are humiliating the principal with. The whole tradition seems weird and disrespectful to me, and the duct tape is just too extreme. It is restricting her movement. There was a daycare worker arrested around her for taping a child's mouth shut. It is not something to joke around about. The Kaylee Anthony case was right...
My left eye turns in. Probably had it since birth. From what I read, it can be due to a birth trauma or heredity (my mom was tiny, I was large, and my face was bruised up from forceps. One of my eyes was swollen and pink when I was born too and I was isolated from other babies but that was 1971). My particular condition is accommodative esotropia and it is inherited quite frequently (50% of the time). So far, neither of my children have it. It's so funny..I remember...
My daughter has been going to daycare/pre-k since the age of one. We started with just a few days a week. I worked in the baby room when she was there, just part-time as a sub for a month or so. I guess that's when it all started. She got severe separation anxiety.   No significant history...except some medical issues due to prematurity..and severe doctor anxiety as well. That seems to be much better, although she won't let anyone near her ears (earrings). One of...
A free Montessori?? Go for it. It is probably VPK. We have that here too (Im in Lakeland..sounds like you might be too). BUT when my son was little, the Montessori was impossible to get into unless I paid lots of money to get him in early at age 2 or 3...then he would have gotten first dibs for the free VPK at age 4 or 5. I think things have changed and it might be easier to get in now. BUT, the good news is that LOTS of schools offer VPK, and it is part time, but it is...
I can totally see where you are coming from here. It is a compliment, and an opinion, which we are all entitled to, but if you read into it, it could be taken as an insult for sure.   I can't believe I used to say stuff like that all the time, but in my head, I was thinking I just love dark skin. I never said it to a mixed race couple...I used to just say it in general to my friends sometimes...not that it makes it any better!   Come to think of it, I did ask...