or Connect

Posts by jmarroq

I just want to add that my 11 yr old DS was a handful when he was younger, and we never got a babysitter (except occasional out-of-town grandparents) until he was 4. He has had many diagnosis over the years including developmental delays (including speech), dyspraxia and SPD. When he was almost 3, a psychologist told us he had borderline autism, but he was re-tested before kindergarten and was not near borderline. He has tested high for Aspergers, and when he was 7, it...
My daughter is in 1st grade and reading on a 4.5 grade level, according to AR testing. She got straight As at one of the top elementary schools in our state (magnet STEM, implementing IB). She recently transferred to a more laid back school, but is still doing well.    She still does what you describe with spelling! She has recently started doing this with speech too....adding sounds to words. She used to do this as a toddler too... Car was card, dinosaur was dinosaurd,...
I don't have a social life. I do get a bit of time for myself, but my husband doesn't make it very easy. He's never here and I can't leave the kids alone.
I just took my kids for a cleaning recently and on the receipt it said something and I THOUGHT it was a sealant. It was more like a fluoride treatment. I cleared it up with the billing department.   I wouldn't think they could do this procedure without consent! Did you ask them if there was a way to remove them due to their error? Can they polish it off? I hated eating all that silver filling dust when they took out my old fillings and put white ones in...I was probably...
I always stayed for playdates when my son was that age. My son was still a bit of a handful at 5. Maybe my daughter I would drop off for a playdate at that age, if I knew the parents for a while through school, etc. I wouldn't just drop off a young child for a playdate if I didn't know the parents that well yet. 
We take a multi vitamin and fish oil. I also have a cold and flu prevention oil that you rub on your feet (I think it has frankincense and myrrh in it). We also just started drinking a bit of aloe juice mixed in with other watered down juices (because the aloe by itself is really thick and pretty bland). We eat some local honey, and use a natural anti-bacterial sanitizer every now and then.   We do flu shots sometimes...not every year. My son has asthma, so it is highly...
After I posted this, I realized you were talking about stimulating "down there"...I just thought you were talking about rocking back and forth! OK, my son definitely did this. He would do it when falling asleep. He did it very young, with his bottle under him. Later, he would just rock back and forth on the mattress. I never brought attention to it. The only time it was uncomfortable was when he was in public, like at nap time in pre-k....some teachers commented on his...
She was scoped twice. Once at 3 and once at 6. They never found anything unusual...no celiac, no food allergies, etc.  I have been giving her small amounts of aloe juice lately, and she seems a little better. Less than three spit ups per day for almost a week now. My daughter's counselor says we really need to work on her expressing emotions now, because she does not want her to have emotions tied to digestion issues. She fears she may have an eating disorder in the future...
I have accomodative esotropia. My parents didn't pick up on it until I was about 4. I was lying in bed, and asked them why I always see two night-lights. They didn't patch my eye, but I wore glasses (bi-focal, then progressive) until I was about 12. Then I wore them for reading/close work only. I am also far-sighted and have astigmatism.    I still have a very lazy eye when trying to look at something up close. When I drink too much or am very tired my eye turns in a...
When my friends were pg and stressing bad because they were cig smokers, their docs told them to smoke a little bit to ease the stress...a few puffs a couple of times a week. I actually drank a lot of wine one time before I knew I was pg. After that, I drank probably 4 glasses of wine for the whole pregnancy. We know alcoholism causes FAS in babies, but a few glasses over a nine month period is probably not a big deal considering all the junk that is in regular food...