or Connect

Posts by jmarroq

You weren't there to see what tone your husband took with the grandson, and it sounds like his temper may have gotten him into some arguments in the past. Perhaps the grandson was a little shaken up (especially if he was a minor, and not the homeowner) by what your husband said and took it as a threat...he would have told his grandfather about it, and that would have ticked off the grandfather. It probably could have been handled better. I would make an effort to talk to...
Grilled chicken breast (yes, I still grill...it's still in the 80s here) with salt and cracked pepper for husband. Roasted pork for son (from deli hot case). Breaded catfish for daughter and I (from deli). Random sides of black beans and rice or lima beans or mac and cheese (from deli). Milk for kids....water for me and husband. A piece of mint chocolate cookie fudge shared by my daughter and I for dessert. My daughter has tennis at 5:30 on Mondays so it kills any plans of...
My son had lots of developmental issues. Some of the labels that were thrown around were "mildly autistic, dyspraxic, dysgraphic, speech delayed, hypotonic, ADD, sensory processing disorder, etc. etc. We were able to get lots of therapy with just a plain old "developmentally delayed" label. Before kindergarten, he was tested, and they said "dyspraxic" was his main thing, with sensory issues (no more borderline autism). He was in therapy from age 2-8...speech and OT. He...
I know someone who got herpes in college (genital). She claims to have never had type 1 (oral). She was partying a lot, and not taking care of herself, and within a few months, she wound up in the hospital with a weird viral illness which was not supposed to be related to the herpes virus. After being released from the hospital, she had an outbreak on her shoulder (yes, you can get it above the waste). She had eczema, so she was more susceptible to infection. Now when she...
I know someone that looks circ, but has some extra skin...like a loose vs. tight circ. I could swear his mom once said the doc decided not to do it because he didn't seem to have a lot of foreskin?? Sounds weird...but he also had a growth deficiency (pituitary gland issue) and took growth hormones as a child, so perhaps that could effect the look of it? Like, he wasn't circ, but then grew larger (all over) and outgrew the foreskin.
I think if it is late at night or early AM noise on a regular basis, I can understand her concern, but other than that....sorry! It's an apartment!   I have been that annoying neighbor to an extent...but only when the noise was excessive and went on past 11:00 PM or so and only when I had babies or young children who needed to sleep. I never approached the neighbors myself..I went through the leasing office or the landlord...or in a couple of cases the police (loud...
I agree that the school needs to know. If you were still enrolled, it would be easier to have a meeting with the principal, teacher and the parents of the child. At this point, I would at least tell the principal and whoever else needs to know. For whoever was downplaying your concerns, definitely let them know too.
If you live in a newer home and don't have any of the other risk factors, than it isn't really necessary, but there can be hidden exposures. Perhaps the soil outside your home, an old toy, an occupation or hobby, etc (did you ever notice the warnings on Christmas trees and lights?).   My son had a touch of pica as a baby and eat anything he could get his hands on (a spec of dirt, string, paper..he even chewed a hole into his crib railing). Even the average house dust can...
Switching to cloth diapers at 15 mos helped. Also, having an older sibling who was potty trained, and a few good potty videos and books, and allowing my daughter to see me go potty. We used potty chair, then stool to reach big potty. The big toilet potty seat cover was too unstable for my kids, especially my developmentally delayed son. 
Yes, I would, if I had to. We brought our kids to their grandparents for almost that long when they were babies so we could go on vacation. My husband's job sent him on a 5 day trip once a year, spouses included. We took advantage of that! They did fine.