or Connect

Posts by Gena 22

Wow, QMtwins!  Two sets of girls.  I am in awe.  An endless party!  
We had three double strollers and three pairs of carriers.  Guess which we used and loved more . . .   Which is not to say we regretted the $$ we spend on strollers.  They each had a time and place.  Here's what we had:   Double snap n go, purchased for approx. $35(??) at a twin club consignment sale pre-birth to go with the bucket car seats.  This was a fantastic stroller for the newborn weeks.  Light, slim, room for lots of stuff beneath the seats, all around...
I'm in the glass plate crowd.  We got duralex glass plates for our girls to use, and they double as perfect covers for a lot of our bowls because they fit nicely inside.
It depends what your expectations are and how much energy you're willing to put into it.  But generally, I'd say your caregiver is VERY important.    Treating you like a singleton pregnancy itself isn't necessarily bad - are your twins di-di?  Everything going well?  But if you don't have trust in your OB I'd keep looking.   I ditched my OBs for some of the same issues.  I couldn't believe how little attention they paid to nutrition.  And mine had strict...
I have identical girls who turn five Feb. 2, and I could have written your post exactly, word for word.  Except we live in MD and not Minn.    So, I like to think it's normal behavior!  
That is a lot, but u/s have a margin of error.  Maybe the difference isn't actually so great.   But if your boys are di-di, and both growing well, that's just how they may be.  They're siblings, not MZ, not sharing resouces, and both have their own curves.   U/s every 4 weeks isn't too big of a deal, IMO.  That's what we had, and I always looked forward to seeing my little ones!   Keep up the good growing!  
What an experience!  Having been through all that I'd say you're remarkably calm and thoughtful.  Well done growing those babes!   Now, granted that I'm an internet stranger, and not a doctor:   You've got some real, known concerns and some questionable ones.  Real - TTTS and cord entanglement.  Being in the hospital probably makes sense.  So does an early c/s.  I might beg for 33 or 34 weeks, but who knows.  Those would be tough calls.  Possible issues, lack of...
Like Emelee, I had a CPM and an OB.  I'd call it parallel care although I didn't discuss homebirth plans with our OB.  Having different perspectives was helpful.    Fortunately everything was fine, di-di, vertex, vertex, and our home birth was fantastic!  39 weeks on the dot.  For me anyway, homebirth was ideal.  But even with most things going smoothly (not all, they were my first), our homebirth was a direct result of having a very experienced and fantastic...
  ITA.  Another very active person here, but was too sick in the first trimester to do much of anything.  By 12 weeks or so I started gentle walks again, and from then on walked a few miles daily until birth at 39 weeks.  Swimming was also wonderful.    Activity was an important part of keeping me calm and healthy.  What you're doing sounds great.  If your body is giving you positive feedback, great.  But put aside expectations of what you think you should be doing, and...
Our 4 1/2 year old spirited daughters have been in Montessori for a little over two years now.  It's very good for them.  Montessori itself is wonderful, although sometimes the girls complain about "working too hard."  They're little perfectionists, and it's self-driven.   Best for us was separating our twins, who are identical.  We just don't have time to be with each kid on their own much at home.  We try, but it's hard.  So to have a separate class, and separate...