or Connect

Posts by Gena 22

I don't know EM, and for all I know, maybe she is a incompetent midwife.  Not saying she is, only that of course it's possible.  I only got involved with this thread because of my shock and disgust over the treatment of the home birth transfer in the Johns Hopkins case.  From what I've heard, although EM doesn't sound like a midwife I would have hired (too hands on), the case against her looks an awful lot like a witch hunt.  Which breaks my heart, because Maryland was...
Those all sounds like excellent plans! 
Hi, and congrats on your twins!   One of the PPers suggested contacting local twin moms.  ITA.  Ask around at local groups and find a doc that supports vaginal twin births.  There are a few out there, and they'll have the experience and support you need.  Could make a huge difference.   I think what's going to be really important is to set up a plan that doesn't involve conflict.  The hospital and many docs will have strict lines they don't want to cross with...
Stick to it!  Glad to hear you've got supportive help and a baby-friendly hospital.  And you'll have a lot more leeway than some MoMs who (like me) were first timers.  You know your body and with luck things should go quickly and smoothly.    I've got nothing to compare our birth with, but it didn't seem much more complicated than a singleton would have been.  Moving during labor and birthing upright made all the difference to me.   The only twin-related...
Thank you, Baltimoremom.  That was a thoughtful post, and I didn't know or understand some of the details you mention.     Wish you first sentence above wasn't true, but I know it is.  What an ugly cycle we're in.  Defensive medicine.  Bad for everyone.
Looks like a great plan.  Just hope you can have it respected!   Best wishes!
Don't know Towson well, but where I am most of the apartment searches happen on Craigslist.   Exciting move!  Best wishes!
Yeah.  Wonder why you're posting.  In my quick review, that was a generally neutral article.    The question is why, at what should be one of the best hospitals in the US, a patient comes in with an emergency and has to wait hours for life-saving care.  If JH was so busy, why not divert the ambulance to another hospital?   Hours.    If the baby had died, you might be able to say it happened on the midwife's watch.  A fetus does not lack for oxygen and survive for HOURS. ...
FWIW, I rallied in my third trimester.  Maybe it was a psychological thing.  I expected to slow down after 30 weeks, and cancelled everything except going straight to work, and then home.  But I felt good, maybe better in the last weeks.  Compression socks!  They saved my last few weeks.  Anyway, I worked until 38w5d, and then delivered at 39w on the dot.  But the twins were my first.  Oh you MoMs with older children!  Super women!   Are your twins di-di?  If not,...
OK, here's my quick recs:   Annapolis Pediatrics - it's a big practice, and I'm not thrilled, but it's easy and does the job.  Faint praise, huh?   Dr. Sissy - We love our dentist!  Dr. Beverly Jimenez is great, very child friendly office with no TVs.  Our twins really like her, although they are 4 and have only been once.   We USED to have a great farm-local connection called Maryland Table that delivered organic produce and meat, but they're going through...