or Connect

Posts by Gena 22

Jreed, whoever you may be and whatever your interests are, you have yet to answer the question.  Why did JH wait?  All we can conclude is that either it was incompetence (they didn't have the organization to get a mother the care she needed) or it was malicious (punish the homebirther.)   Their actions seem by definition malpractice.  JH was the last to act, had the time and ability to avoid harm, but did not do so.  Good verdict.   Oh, did the defense get...
  Look at your statement and tell me how anything Evelyn did lead to Johns Hopkins with-holding critical care for nearly 2 hours.  A 10 minute decision to incision time is emergency care.  30 minutes is the standard.  75 is the limit of the safe from the study I read in a quick search.  115 is JH's record in this case.  Nobody is saying why.   Johns Hopkins was the place of birth, and that they waited a criminally negligent amount of time to deliver this baby.  I don't...
Well cut and pasted from Dr. Amy Tutuer's website.  Guess we know what your sources are.  
  What a troll.    So Evelyn was the midwife in that case, and that's why she's having all these problems?  Wow.  Poor Evelyn and poor Maryland.  From what I read in the legal papers about this case, it was homebirth done right.  Evelyn correctly noticed a problem and got the mother to the hospital in plenty of time to get the care she needed.   This one is all on the hospital, which is why the verdict is high.  Not to compensate the family, that can't be done.  But to...
Ah Dr. Luke.  I can't be too negative about her recommendations, because I think she does get good results (longer twin pregnancies) and has a good point about the importance of ample protein and good nutrition.  But I can save you reading the book by saying:   Eat a lot.  Especially protein.  Lots of good stuff too, veggies, etc.   Also, I think she's got it somewhat wrong about activity.  Sitting on the couch for 9 months is not good for many pregnant moms. ...
Maybe you can beat the bushes for a more experienced MW, and keep your current one as an assistant.  My "back-up" MW drove 2 1/2 hours to get to us.  She gained her numbers by serving the Amish community in Pennsylvania.  Which is probably too far from you in Canada, but maybe you can do some research and find someone wonderful!   Experience really is important.    If not, maybe you can negotiate for the birth you want in a hospital.  An uphill battle in the US,...
My twin homebirth was fantastic, but I am a touch humble about it.  Ours was never dangerous, but it was fortitously successful.  Had my original MW not have had to go on vacation mid-labor, leaving me with her better provided and more experienced back-up, I would have transferred and ended up with a surgical birth.  Of course, I was a first timer, so my labor dysfunction was mostly a function of that.  It was partially though a function of position, and because I was my...
Hmm, I would have thought CN would have more options.    Here's my $0.02:   The OR is a pretty standard requirement.  Not that I'd like it either (it was just one of the many factors that kept me home with a MW for my twins) but it's probably not worth fighting about.   But if you're inclined to go med-free, I would strongly urge you to skip the epi catheter.  Why place it in if you may not need it?  As a first time mom, chances are you'll have plenty of...
Kid's cooking at WF, mmmmmm.  We need to do something like that, my girls need to expand their palates in a big way.  I'll look into it if my schedule changes.  (I've applied for a local job which would give me lots more free time.)    I have sworn to never set foot in the Towne Center again - for taking business from downtown and the mall, and for being generally annoying.  But I might make an exception.   Groceries are tough.  Grawls feels, well, familiar but...
Hi!   My twin daughters just turned 4 and we live downtown, Arnold is nice, do you live near the B&A trail?    Wish I could plan a playdate, but I work and our logistics are very tough.   Just thought I'd give you a shout out and say yes, there are plenty of crunchy folks in the area!  Hope our paths cross sometime soon.   Some of our local favs - Maryland Table, who delivers wonderful sustainably farmed food. Pricey, but amazing produce.  And the...