or Connect

Posts by Gena 22

Love these thoughts!    My DH and I co-slept with our twins pretty comfortably in a queen for a good long while.  So if you could find a toddler bed space, that could work.  What we briefly considered was a hanging bed that could be lowered for sleeping and raised during the day.  For a young kid you could have them low to the ground, and hanging beds are supposed to foster great sleep.  More realistically, you could turn the closet into a bunk room, and have hubby...
My girls are younger than your boys, but are clearly progressing at different rates.  One girl will write out a coherant creative story with a very little spelling help, while the other girl is just into random words on a page, or better yet, drawing.  They're MZ, and I think the differences are half natural ability and half inclination.  But I'm happy not to worry about it much since they're in different classes and in a montessori program.  One of the great things...
I had been interested in the concept of homebirthing, but as a first time mom, and totally new to babies and birthing, I naively thought I'd be better off at a hospital annex birth center.  I remember mid-pregnancy, meeting another pregnant mom on the street who told me she was planning a homebirth.  I was so impressed.   Not long after that I found out I was carrying twins, which disqualified me from birthing centers and CNMs in my area, despite my excellent health...
I had a great twin homebirth, for the same reason you are - my hospital has an indefensible 80% twin c/s rate.  To protect my twins from a surgical birth before their time, and protect myself from unnecessary surgery I stayed home.  Got lots of back-up plans in place and great, experienced attendants.  It went wonderfully.    FWIW - My twins were probably di-di, but I have some doubt.  They are MZ and one placenta came out.  The peri's techs say I was di-di, but it...
PS - Don't know much about triplets as I'm just a twin mom, but I loved my twin table, and would highly recommend the triplet model.  Well worth the money!   http://www.justmultiples.com/triplet-table.html
Wow, that is exciting, congrats, congrats, congrats, and welcome!  Best wishes for a continued smooth pregnancy!
Me too exactly!
Don't see the poll, but here's my $0.02. I vote - women should be able to use the midwife they want.  But I would also really like an objective and trustworthy source of data on all birth attendants, with information about how many births, deaths, interventions, etc.  That would be a huge help to parents - a maternity information source.  VA has something close for OBs, but so many providers resist releasing this info. I live in a major metro area and wanted a...
Wow, ladies.  Those are some good thoughts.   Dried prunes are delicious, and we all eat them pretty often, nearly daily.  Will try to work with the good things they eat and make their food more fun.  Got to get back to incorporating probiotics.  We had tried and not seen any positive effect, but need to go back to including probiotics in their diet.  That and flax seed.  Goat's milk smoothies?  Lara bars, cool, will look into those.  Will consider the allergy idea. ...
Like you, I am not sure I'd ever be comfortable with a UC, although I support other women who do.  But, after having a fantastic HB myself, "Mama Is"'s cartoon birth story of her fourth babe made me want to UC.  It's so inspiring!   http://www.mama-is.com/the-birth-story-of-ean-campbell/