or Connect

Posts by Gena 22

When my twin girls were just starting to try foods I read the book "Child of Mine" and loved it.  I bought into the mantra that it was a parent's responsibility to offer healthy, balanced meals, and the child's responsibility to decide whether to eat and how much.  That was then.  My girls' eating habits have gone downhill since then, and coming from a family of hearty, healthy eaters, it's very hard to me to decide what to do about it.   The girls are 3 1/2.  They...
Me too!   Those are very interesting suggestions, and I think you're definitely on the right track.  Yes!   ----------------------------   Tangentially, here are some thoughts in response to Kanna's question:   ...can you maybe add links with the original information, please?  I know zilch about delayed cord clamping and the thing about the reliability of oGTT tests sound interesting (and I'd also like to read up on the reliability of 2hr oGTT).   Right of Passage, you're...
Yes, of course I can.  No provider, midwife or OB wants to take on a client where there is a high likelihood of a poor outcome.  A MW might be more choosy, since she is without malpractice insurance.  My possibly-negligent MW had to dive deep into her savings and mortgage her house to pay her legal fees and keep herself out of jail.  It was a position she took on knowingly.  So no, MWs do not take on risky patients without a serious risk to themselves.   Midwifery isn't...
Don't know the whole history of these threads, only what's here.  Guess I'm late to the conversation.    But I think this is a very important question for homebirth advocates.  How to weed out / warn women about unskilled MWs.   This is a question that has been on my mind a lot, since my babes were born, and especially since there was a local high profile case with my MW.   Here's my anecdotal story:   I was pregnant with twins.  Don't really want to...
Glad you've got a couple of leads.  My midwife is based in south-central PA and I can't recommend her highly enough.  She deals with the Amish and has loads of experience.  We had a wonderful birth, thanks to her skill.   If you'd like another name, PM me and I'll send you her contact info!
That is amazing!  You did it, no testing necessary!  I think you also win a prize for most identical MZ twins.
My girls are MZ but were di-di.  My peri had us come in for an u/s every 4 weeks, which with scheduling sometimes became 5-6 weeks, for a total of 5 u/s between 19 and 37 weeks.  According to him, that was as few as possible, because things were going well.  Mono-di twins do carry added risks, TTTS being the most well known.  So I might have agreed to more frequent u/s.   Guess it depends on your attitude.  I don't know enough about TTTS surgery to know whether it...
So sorry to hear that you're now on bedrest.  I can only imagine how hard it must be with an older LO, and at 2 1/2!  Lots of good wishes for all of you.   How many weeks along are you, and how short is your cervix if you don't mind the question?  Would a cerclage be a possible help?   Hope you can get lots of good relaxing time in - watch a good series on TV, or read it.  Something fun and escapist.  You need to keep your spirits strong and calm.  Is your DS out...
One of the most difficult things about twin pregnancy for me was sorting through dubious and contradictory information.  That's a chore for any pregnant mom, and for us twin moms the problem is so much harder because 1) there's a shortage of solid studies, 2) the studies out there often have small sample sizes, and 3) many twin studies lump together all twin types (di-di, mono-di, mono) although there are different risks specific to each.   In the end, you have to...
You could always compromise with your docs on an epidural port, and only get the drugs if and when you need them.  Not comfortable, but a compromise.   Or better yet, show up pushing.  Might work for the OP, but harder for first time mommas.   Hope you can avoid an induction, Imprint.  Doesn't sound like a good discussion with your doc.  Might try again next time.    Best wishes to you both!