or Connect

Posts by NicMom

This is my third "pregnancy" in 2.5 years (other two ended at 15 and 13 weeks) so my weight has been up and down a lot.  I was 5'4" and 120 and didn't get pregnant until I gained some weight, which I then try and lose after the pregnancy.  This time with all the IVF and stress I started out at 130 and am now at 136 at 13 weeks.  Probably all due to the fact that I have to eat CONSTANTLY to settle my stomach.  I'm not worried.  It will be what it will be.  I tracked my...
zuzusplace - I had the same insomnia for quite a while.  What I would do is break up a melatonin pill into smaller pieces. Mine were 5 mg so I break it into quarters.  As soon as I would wake up and realize I wasn't getting back to sleep easily I would take one of the quarters, break it up further in my mouth with some water and swallow.  The make melatonin slow release, which I didn't want.  I needed a big kick to get me back to sleep.  As soon as I was asleep I could...
HEADACHES!  I feel you.  I never got headaches before this pregnancy.  If I had a mild one, I would drink a glass of water and it would go away.  I had a horrible one all day yesterday.  While lying down it was tolerable but as soon as I stood up or god forbid, bend over, it would throb uncontrollably.  I guess all this blood flow is doing a number on my head.  I woke up at 6 this morning with it still there so went back to sleep and slept until 8.  I was late for work...
No, just one of them took, thankfully!  We really, really, really didn't want to put in two embryos but the second one wouldn't have survived freezing and thawing so we threw it in anyway.  So we have one little boy in there.  We have had our baby names picked out for years but won't start to call them by it until much, much later in the pregnancy.  If something happens we don't want to have been calling the baby by its name because we then won't feel right using the...
We didn't want to find out but the doctor slipped.  We had a very "medical" pre-pregnancy with genetic screening, IVF etc. so wanted to have some surprise.  The doctor slipped when telling us about the embryos "We have two healthy, chromosonally normal XY's"  Argh!!!
I've flown with wooden needles dozens of times with no problems so I wouldn't worry too much. 
All of your bad bugs and danger come from contamination during processing.  Buy as much of your food from local farmers and producers who follow good hygiene and you will be fine.  Do I trust a bag of spinach which has been mingled with tons of other spinach leaves in large processing facilities where one single "oops" can contaminate millions of bags or the bag of spinach I get at the farmers market from the producer I talk to every week and whose farm I have visited? ...
Just as clarification, either CVS or amnio can be done through the cervix or stomach.  It just depends on the location of the target specimen.  In CVS testing they sample the placenta and the preferred route is through the cervix, though through the abdomen may be required if it isn't reachable through the cervix.  For an amnio the target specimen is the amniotic fluid.  It is generally easiest to go through the stomach to reach the fluid. CVS testing can be done earlier...
All - thanks for your well wishes.  It gets easier every day.   For those with meat aversions try to force a bite down (make sure to have someone else cook it).  I can't stand the thought of meat but once a get a bite, I end up devouring the whole thing.   My all time favorite way to cook chicken livers is to douse them in a little bit of Tapatio and Soy Sauce.  While they are marinating I fry up bits of bacon, onion and garlic.  Once the bacon is cooked I dump...
zuzu - you just made me cry