or Connect

Posts by milletpuff

I hate these companies, but they are kind of brilliant for party-decor inspiration:   http://www.orientaltrading.com/   http://www.shindigz.com/  
  What kind of a message is this sending to him about respecting other people's boundaries? Or feeling safe about talking to someone when they are uncomfortable? I can't even believe this. If your 8 year old daughter told you that she felt uncomfortable seeing an adult male in the family naked, would you tell her that she had no right to ask that and that SHE should make sure she is covered?
Yes, the rules have changed, but good luck finding a clinic that will work with the new rules. We found several in the bay area, but were not able to find any in Oregon when we were trying to find a way to freeze sperm from our directed donor that lived overseas; no one would waive the quarantine. We couldn't even find a local clinic that would work with sperm frozen and quarantined in his country because it was not received and handled in an FDA approved lab. We did...
I am struggling with some ethical and persoanl issues as my partner and I start the process of domestic infant adoption. I am trying to read and learn as much as I can, and I'm very grateful for what I have read here and the many books and blogs that I have been following. But this forum is a little slow :)   What are (or were, when you were in the early stages of the process) you favorite and most visited adoption fourms? I'm having a hard time finding others,...
I never updated, but we did go ahead and ask and our families were incredibly supportive and delighted and have been unbelievably generous with their help, far beyond what I would have dreamed! So yay.   APMama I did say in a follow up post that we have ruled out adoptions from the state, and I'm not sure if you thought that I was asking about raising money for fertility treatments, we are not pursuing any fertility treatments, we are adopting domestically....
Awesome! Thanks! We are expecting our first, eventually, through adoption. We will definitely need a thing or two from BRU in the next year or so. Oh, I found a date of manufature and it was made in May 2006 so definitely expired by now anyway!
Some friends gave us a bunch of baby/kid stuff for a big garage sale we are having, and among it was a used carseat. It's old and she got it used herself. I am pretty sure it's illegal to sell a used carseat here, but even if it weren't I'd be very hesitant to even give it to someone else. Do I just send it to the dump??
Marsupial-mom, that quote is extremely helpful, thank you so much!! Thank you everyone for not making me feel totally nuts. The first people I talked about it with were my partner + two very close friends who are also adopting and went to the training with us, and they are all I think wrapping their own minds around their own isseus surrounding adoption, so they weren't really the best people to talk to about it. Sesa how "real" did your conversations get with your...
We decided against that agency for other reasons. But I am sure that every agency is going to have something that I don't 100% love, right?
My partner and I are pursuing domestic open infant adoption through an agency in town. We had our mandatory 2-day training this weekend and I'm having some feelings that I would really love help sorting out.   My whole experience is colored by the fact that my mom placed a child in a closed adoption in the 60s, who she has tried (unsucessfully) to find. I always knew about this experience, but my family has a very deep history of denial and "everything's fine"-ing...