or Connect

Posts by milletpuff

I never have but we are in a position where we feel like we woud like to. I can give lots of details but I don't want to make it too long. Short story is that we want a family, and our families are VERY excited for us to parent, but all of our savings went to 2 years of TTC (we are same-sex so it's not "free" for us :)) and medical expenses from the 3 miscarriages that we had. We have no children and are getting older (I'm 35, DP is 42) and don't want to wait any more. I...
Sometimes the loving thing to do in a relationship is to disengage from the other person's behaviour/situation/trauma/whatever.
I love the name persephone! One of my friends here is named that and she goes by perci. I love it!
By hcg I am guessing you mean a trigger shot? The trigger shot will cause all follicles to rupture, so if you take that along with something like clomid that increases the number of follicles you develop then yes you can increase the liklihood of higher order multiples. That's why I think it's important to have monitoring - if there are too many follicles then the cycle can be canceled.
What are the advantages of DI over adoption?   Well, a lot cheaper and a lot less of an emotional roller coaster, in my opinion. There is no "just adopt" - it's a very challenging, expensive, frought, and most likely long process (but rewarding and wonderful too!), where donor sperm, especially if you get pregnent right away, is much more straight forward. Your child is then half related to you genetically and you have a degree of control over the other genetic half,...
My first two months on clomid, I felt almost no side effects - I think I had a headache or two and I was a little more emotional but nothing like I was expecting. This cycle it's kicking my butt - hot flashes, rage, headaches, you name it, starting the day I took my first pill and winding down about now (about 20 days after starting).
Just want to speak to the taxes point quickly. I would totally NOT give your SSN to her. There's a very good chance that she won't even get a benefit from it, and she won't FOR SURE if she is getting a child care subsidy, and she won't for SUPER sure if she is getting MORE in child care subsidy than she paid you. The child care credit is only useful (from a federal standpoint, not sure about TX law) if you have a tax liability for the year. A single mom with a kid won't...
Here's my anecdotal evidence...We have done 10 cycles (I'm partnered with a woman, so each try was with some sort of intervention). The first 7 were unmedicated IUIs. 1st one worked but was a chemical pregnancy. The last 3 were Clomid with fresh sperm (we switched from frozen sperm to using a known donor), basically Clomid without IUI, and got pregnant on the 2nd and 3rd tries (both also ended in losses). So in our case, we had better luck with Clomid and no IUI than we...
I know there have been threads on this before but I'm not having the best of luck with my search. I've spent about 10 hours in the past month going through old photos (prints, from film, old-school), and I'm only about 1/3 of the way through. I'm mega-overwhelmed. Right now I'm sorting them into rough time-periods, throwing out obvious doubles or duds, and keeping out a pile of pics I want to frame/display, and a pile of pics to give away. I was really into photography...
Sorry I'm a little late in posting here, but here are two resources that I sent to a friend who recently said something hurtful:   http://www.inspire.com/groups/finding-a-resolution-for-infertility/discussi on/holiday-letter-to-family-and-friends/ http://www.resolve.org/support-and-services/for-family--friends/infertility -etiquette.html (Um for some reason those are not showing up as links, and also it looks like some extra spaces are in there??)   There's...